The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After a disappointing buy on the bay, I was looking to be cheered up. Ordered this just after the case, and arrived quicker than imagined. I knew all the flaws before I hit the bid button, and happy to say I'm chuffed with it! Inspired by a post by Mr TPG, and knew I needed one. Cost £17 GBP, bargain or not, I'm enjoying it. Here are some pics
uploadfromtaptalk1405079726599.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405079739932.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405079748324.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405079760861.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405079771320.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1405079779804.jpg

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looking round there's so many nice watches for a good price, seem to have set the bar high to start with, 7548s, 7C43s, Arnies and original 6309s divers. Really into the 70s watches at the moment, then it'll move to 60s. Like a certain someone!! ;)
Regards, David

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Looking round there's so many nice watches for a good price, seem to have set the bar high to start with, 7548s, 7C43s, Arnies and original 6309s divers. Really into the 70s watches at the moment, then it'll move to 60s. Like a certain someone!! ;)
Regards, David
I'm going to introduce you too two ladies and a old slapper.

First off Miss '62. She's a beauty. Can go down to depths you only dreamt of. She's a bit rough around the edges but she's pure class from the 1960's. The thing about Miss Mas is she is an expensive girl to take out. Cost £600GBP and that was cheap for one like her!

Next up we have Big Blue. She 'was' NOS when I got her. She's a 70's child. Never been touched until I brought her. This naughty little lady cost me £600GBP+ to get home....

My third and final choice is another flower power child... just as she's from 1970. Elegant uncluttered looks, slim and classy. Looks good in leather too. Cost me? £25 (was a gift and I brought the crystal & strap/bracelet/band/whateveryoucallittoday)... the cheap slapper out of the bunch.

The one that makes me smile the most? All of them! The one that cost the least to make me smile :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Oi and how do you do that bleeding point thing!?! I've been trying to work it out for months now!! and I was in IT support for 15 years! Sacreblurrrrr!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
After a disappointing buy on the bay, I was looking to be cheered up. Ordered this just after the case, and arrived quicker than imagined. I knew all the flaws before I hit the bid button, and happy to say I'm chuffed with it! Inspired by a post by Mr TPG, and knew I needed one. Cost £17 GBP, bargain or not, I'm enjoying it. Here are some pics
View attachment 110474
View attachment 110482
View attachment 110490
View attachment 110498
View attachment 110506
View attachment 110514
Nice catch - get rid of that awful seconds hand though, the original is much nicer!!

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
Oi and how do you do that bleeding point thing!?! I've been trying to work it out for months now!! and I was in IT support for 15 years! Sacreblurrrrr!
Do you mean a line or arrow added to a pic to point something out? If so, just open the pic in paint (by using the bottom right button in the windows picture viewer, next to the ?), choose the backslash looking icon from the left side panel and click where to start the line and drag across where you want to finish. Change the line colour by clicking on color palette boxes at the bottom.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Do you mean a line or arrow added to a pic to point something out? If so, just open the pic in paint (by using the bottom right button in the windows picture viewer, next to the ?), choose the backslash looking icon from the left side panel and click where to start the line and drag across where you want to finish. Change the line colour by clicking on color palette boxes at the bottom.
No I meant to give someone a point for handy post but I'm deep into my google+ settings trying to sort that right now thanks.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nice catch - get rid of that awful seconds hand though, the original is much nicer!!
I really quite like it to be honest, if I can source an original seconds hand, then I'll think about it. Need a balance thingymebob, the rude word .
Here's a pic of the dial

Regards, David

Attachments

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
You mean a COCK ??

·
Registered
5,021 Posts
No I meant to give someone a point for handy post but I'm deep into my google+ settings trying to sort that right now thanks.
Sorry.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
you crack me up diesel dude... balance knob? It's next to the volume knob normally!

I don't mean how to rate the thread. I mean how to give someone a + point for being nice or helpful or whatnot.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Could you please tell me the lug size on this watch? I love the Nato on the one in the other thread and they only ones I've seen of the same color combination seem to be 24mm. I know that's too big!

TIA

1 - 20 of 23 Posts