The Watch Site banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
With all my Seiko-mania I realized I having flipped my 2 prior Citizens (a vintage Eagle 7 beauty and an ECO-Drive Perpetual) I had become "Citizen-less." Doesn't seem right given this is the Seiko Citizen Watch Forum.

So I picked up this 1977 automatic Citizen dress watch. While it failed to impress on the 'bay and thus was had for a song, it had been mismatched to a black leather strap. This failed to do justice to the gorgeous brown/gold multi-textured dial. This dial really is a classic beauty to behold as it changes in different lighting and from different angles all while being brown/gold/multidimensional.

So I gave it 'The Treatment' and mounted a proper SS bracelet. It's keeping really great time and I find it to be my current 'new go-to leisure watch' (well, for this week anyway, we know how that goes....).

When fully disassembled for cleaning I once again experienced how nice the Miyota 8200 movement is. Hand winding and Automatic, 21 jewels, reliable and accurate, it's fun to watch the great action as it translates balance movement to gear train, etc. This is a mainstay in Japanese horology and seems to me to be largely under appreciated for its great strengths.

I'm sure glad I got the "C" back into my "SCWF"!

Attachments

1 - 1 of 1 Posts