The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well i can not seem to find a section that identifies older citizen movements..i hate to ask...but i am stumped...i am looking to find a 6001 movement for a watch i am working on and i know they came in many different models...i know if the seller will open it and can photo the numbers is ideal..but is there not a reference guide that shows movement numbers for model numbers?....thanks in advance John....model i am looking for donor is a 61-0852 with case number 4-652533ta...

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I'm afraid the model number isn't that helpful. The case number is more useful though since they often indicate what the movement is. This one is 4-652533 so I reckon that has a 6501 movement inside - this is the day and date version of the 6000 movement. The date only models would be 4-60xxxx, like the 62-6198 diver which has a case code of 4-600851.

Page 10 of my Movement Table provides some info: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/stephen.netherwood/VintageCitizenMovementTablev6.0Secure.pdf

Dial codes can also help - they often have the movement number as the first part, e.g.:

And it has a case code of 4-650972.

Other than the day / date complications, 6001 and 6501 movements can provide parts - I would think you're more likely to find a 6501 model.

Stephen

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just so i am clear..i can use a 6001 or a 6501 for parts to repair my movement?...mine has a hairspring and wheel damaged...my hope was to retain original movement and just take what i needed from donor one...thank you again Stephen...you always have exactly what i need...so appreciate it..John

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Yep, should be fine, they are the same movement. Would a scan of an 'exploded' view of the movement be helpful? Let me know and I'll get one done,

Stephen

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hey thank you so much..Ramon is going to try and find me a few of the 6501's..that way i have a few spares too..my movement has a stem broke off it like the alarm date...very strange..need to get that out...

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey did you tell me that these movement are quite good too..the 6001 and 6501?

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well excellent..i love to find that exploded view...when you have time...please let me know..i think i may be missing a few things..working on that bezel too

1 - 9 of 9 Posts