The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Administrator
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need this insignificant little "C" clip for my 7549-7009 Tuna project, it is the final part and i just don't seem to be able to source it which seems bloody stupid, pathetic even but there you go.

Even the part number would be handy, I have this part number but it is not correct 89997981.

I have done WTBs etc and it amazes me that with all the knowledge, spares etc etc knocking about on this forum no one has been able to help.

Any help or even the clip would really be appreciated :)

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
John what does the c clip do? Could you not use an e clip that fits from cousin or an auction site? Do the brass washers that go over the day wheels not fit?

Edit I think it goes in the crown to seat the gasket and washer right.

·
Administrator
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
John what does the c clip do? Could you not use an e clip that fits from cousin or an auction site? Do the brass washers that go over the day wheels not fit?

Edit I think it goes in the crown to seat the gasket and washer right.[/QUOTE]

Correct, stops the washer and gasket slipping off the case tube.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Hi, John,

Maybe it can be laser cut from thin SS plate? Just like what our friend did with Bellmatic movement spring.

·
Administrator
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, John,

Maybe it can be laser cut from thin SS plate? Just like what our friend did with Bellmatic movement spring.
Thanks Indera, he would need a sample and it also seems a lot of trouble for such a minor two penney part :)

I even toyed with offering a NOS 6105 bezel in trade for one and then i came to my senses ha ha

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Thanks Indera, he would need a sample and it also seems a lot of trouble for such a minor two penney part :)

I even toyed with offering a NOS 6105 bezel in trade for one and then i came to my senses ha ha
I can imagine how it feels. Delayed by such tiny part. :grin:

Another thing I can think of is to find a small full ring of same diameter (which is another challenge too!) and then cut out a part of it to match the C shape.

Sorry can't help, but I wish you find your way around it. :)

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
I'm with nikidasi
You obviously can ascertain the internal measurement from the tube from that could you "guess" the external from the pic with assistance from the pic?
I presume it needs to be somewhere between the size of the groove in the stem and smaller than the washer.
Just an uneducated thought
Oh come. On John I can't believe this has you stumped - it 'looks' so simple

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
John you could make one from some spring steel, or a flat washer that's
similar in size. Maybe get a spring , Cut it, hammer it to Flat it out.
The tension is not that great on the re-coil of the clip.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Hi John
It would be expensive but you could just buy the gold version of that crown from cousins and buff the gold off, or take it apart and have some c clips made up to sell.
seikola

·
Administrator
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hi John
It would be expensive but you could just buy the gold version of that crown from cousins and buff the gold off, or take it apart and have some c clips made up to sell.
seikola

The 7009 is the Gold version and the C clip is not in the crown it is a separate part that fits on the case tube its function is to keep the gasket and washer in place on the Tube !!! :)

·
Administrator
30,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
John, How is the C-Clip coming along ? ;0 Post pics when you have fabricated one :)
Coming along pretty good David :)

I suppose i could mackle or fabricate something to do the job, in fact i think it would work ok without a clip because i wont be doing any diving in this life time but..............it has now become a crusade and I want an original clip !!!! (stamping my feet) :)

·
Special Member
26,484 Posts
Coming along pretty good David :)

I suppose i could mackle or fabricate something to do the job, in fact i think it would work ok without a clip because i wont be doing any diving in this life time but..............it has now become a crusade and I want an original clip !!!! (stamping my feet) :)
Ha Ha !!!! By the Time you have the C-Clip in Production...A Kind Member will Gift you one ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts