The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was actually scared off by the change from the old SCWF, and have not posted or read at all since the move!

Please forgive an idiot, and explain all the forums, I REALLY miss the old SCWF!!rdw

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Being a near-Luddite, I was quite apprehesive as well.

Hang in. It does get better and easier. Truly.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Hi trumpetera and welcome back. Think about the new SCWF as the same old SCWF but with a new outfit, and an expanded mission. The heart of the forum is the Asian Watch Discussion forum (this one), which works just like the old forum did. Most discussion takes place here and from here gets filtered to other parts. With the exception of the new Watchmaking School and the not yet opened watch store, everything else that you see are archives for information of various different types. Please tak time to explore and test the forum's many new functionalities, and don't be shy to ask for help. there is a learning curve with the new software, but once you figure it out you'll see many, MANY, new features that should enhance your experience (with more features soon to come).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!

That makes a LOT of sense!

I was very taken aback by the meny sub-forums, but I'll explore!!

Again, thanks! I'll give it a go!

·
Registered
327 Posts
Welcome home Trumpetera my friend!
Got your sms, about this subject as well....
Keep coming back, explore a little, read some interesting stuff...
You'll warm up to it, I know I did.
Above all, it's the same bunch of wonderful, like-minded, open-hearted, helpful people you got used to on the old forum (plus a few new friends that joined in the interim)!
Regards
Alvin

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
trumpetera said:
Thanks!

Think of exploring the sub-forums like exploring the rooms in the new house you just moved into. Welcome aboard! ^-^ ^-^

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Good to see you here! ^-^

You can cover a lot of your forum needs by using the two links in the upper right corner of the screen:
Show unread posts since last visit.
Show new replies to your posts.

Have fun!

trumpetera said:
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Something that I do to make it easier to find the new posts is to click on the button called "Mark Read". It is at the top of the list of threads on the right hand side just above the blue horizontal bar. This will make a clean slate, so to speak. Then the next time you visit, any thread with a new post in it or a completely new thread will have a orange "NEW" after the title. If you click on the "NEW" you will be taken to the first new post, that way you don't have to re-read all the posts you already read. When you are finished visiting the forum, click on the "Mark Read" button again on your way out the door to start over.

When making a post, 99% I use the Quick Reply at the bottom of the page. There's no fancy stuff, but it is quick and easy.

The format is now linear instead of threaded on the old site, so if you are replying specifically to someone in the middle of the thread, it is customary to click on the "Quote" button at the top of the post you want to reply to. This will put some text in the Quick Reply box. Just move your cursor after the text and type away and click post when complete.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts