The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, i found a watch to replace an old favoured, but the seller has been bitten by a scammer :( and is unwilling to send the watch internationaly, i can totally understand his stance and don't begrudge him at all. Can anyone help? I have been using the bay for over 8 years and have a perfect record as well as buying from this forum, oh and I'm a nice guy ;D . The Ebay number is 170499060666.
OR
Do you have a gold 7006-8007 with close to perfect gold plating?
Rod

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
I just sent a PM, would be happy to help..

AJ

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
otr002 said:
Hi all, i found a watch to replace an old favoured, but the seller has been bitten by a scammer :( and is unwilling to send the watch internationaly, i can totally understand his stance and don't begrudge him at all. Can anyone help? I have been using the bay for over 8 years and have a perfect record as well as buying from this forum, oh and I'm a nice guy ;D . The Ebay number is 170499060666.
OR
Do you have a gold 7006-8007 with close to perfect gold plating?
Rod
How can you ensure winning the bidding? Guess you have your ways.

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks to everyone that replied, I had not expected such help ;D and have been reminded again how great this forum is and how helpful the WIS group are.

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
normdiaz said:
How can you ensure winning the bidding? Guess you have your ways.

No assurance of winning the watch, just blind faith in the cosmos and crossed fingers ;) .

·
Registered
29,137 Posts
Well, the auction's over. Few bidders, many bids. Did you win? :-X

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
YES :) it was a total success, Jeremiah used his cunning and wit to out manoeuvre the opposition and secure another win for the good guys. That there is why this group is so good, helping out another WIS in need of a fix.

Rod

·
Registered
964 Posts
otr002 said:
... That there is why this group is so good, helping out another WIS in need of a fix....
I can only second this! Thumbs up, for the community!

Thanks to everybody, who ever helped another WIS out,

Axel

·
Banned
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well, folks thanks to Jeremiah ;D and the WIS community an old friend has been given a new lease on life. The case has been ground down for some reason and although the overall condition is sad I wore this watch for a few days and it keep time within 10 second a day (got to be happy with that).

The only option was to buy another case or complete watch and swap out the movement and case back. I still have to replace the glass and polish the case, but am overall very happy with the progress. :)

So this is the starting point, 21J 7006.

After swapping the parts

the left over parts 17J 7006

1 - 12 of 12 Posts