The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Here's a few I have saved - sorry, I can't remember who took these pics now, neither watches nor pics are mine, they're just saved in my Sumo file, probably from SCWF (as one does)..
by the way, the picture file names say 'blue', but they all look black to me......

Attachments

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Much thanks again Desk Diver and Ted for posting those pics. So happy you both took the time :)

·
Registered
659 Posts
Here's a video of the blue Sumo on Marine Master strap that I made this afternoon in my backyard jungle.

rock on!

Ted

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ted that video was fantastic! I ordered the strap yesterday and it should be here April 26th. I wore out my Blue Sumo last night to meet some old friends for beers. All night I wished I had the strap on instead. Here is mine from my wedding day.

·
Registered
152 Posts
As a great blue Sumo fan I just want to say I think this watch is much better on rubber than on the bracelet- I find it just too clunky and top heavy on steel. I wear mine on a vintage tropic strap, but would love it if Seiko made a signed very dark blue strap similar to the ones IWC make for their Aquatimer- i.e. one that hugs the body of the watch. I've never seen a Marine Master strap in person, but they look pretty thick-and the surface texture is a little too industrial kinky for my taste. I find the Tropic just right- and it gives a dressy look to the watch that makes it suit-able, and I wear it in the water too. Hard to beat. Sorry I can't post a photo.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks gamboge. I'm beginning to agree about the steel bracelet. I think its the reason mine was getting a lot of box time. However I must admit I think I had it too big. I reset a microhole and I think it made the difference. I have a strange wrist normally I need 2 links out and a micro hole adjustment to make a comfortable fit. IMHO the Sumo needs to be sized perfectly to be comfy on the steel bracelet. I'm going for the strap and will post my fellings at the end of this month for sure. :0)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Another reason I like the rubber strap is that through the day I swear my wrist gets smaller- I start out in the morning with my steel bracelet just snug and by the end of the day its flopping around. With the rubber strap I can easily cinch it up a notch. I thought about getting a Marine Master clasp and taking advantage of the micro adjustment on that, but also like the relative lightness of the rubber strap, so I'll just stick with it for now. Good luck with the MM strap- I'll look forward to hearing your thought.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts