The Watch Site banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently purchased a Seiko Grand Quartz 9943-8040. The watch is beautiful and I love it! It even has it's original bracelet. The only problem is that the bracelet is too small for my big wrist. I need your guys' help to pick out a new bracelet for my vintage Seiko. I'm leaning towards a Super Engineer II http://www.strapcode.com/store/19mm-super-engineer-type-solid-stainless-steel-straight-watch-band-push-button-p-1846.html#.U5Bfsxa0ZuY or possibly a Super Oyster http://www.strapcode.com/store/19mm-20mm-21mm-solid-316l-stainless-steel-super-oyster-straight-watch-band-p-2722.html#.U5BeKBa0ZuY
I'm open to any suggestions, but I prefer a metal bracelet. I might consider a silicon strap, but I really don't like leather straps.
Thanks so much for the help guys. Here are some quick shots of the watch. The face is beautiful, but hard to capture in a picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
26,017 Posts
Just My Opinion...Those bracelets you listed are very heavy and large, Too big for that watch...Keep searching for more links to the original...You will find them :)

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'd love to find more links to the original bracelet, but I highly doubt that'll happen anytime soon.

·
Registered
6,211 Posts
Yes the dial is truly a beauty. Great in all sorts of lighting too.

Can you lengthen with those clasp length adapters?

What about any other 19 mm straight end Seiko bracelet with brushed finish that use more of a folded link than the thick diver series?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not familiar with any clasp length adapters. I haven't looked at any Seiko bracelets yet. I like the Super Oyster too though.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found a clasp extender on the Bay, but it won't work with this band. Both ends of the clasp attach to the band with rivets and not spring bars. I don't know of any way to attach the extender. Any ideas?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Can you post a pic of the clasp please?
There is a Ebay seller called Schillachi61 that lists a lot of vintage Seiko bracelets, I dont know if they would be anything like the quality this deserves though...

If your clasp is a conventional Z design, the extender goes between the top of the Z ( the bit that is exposed when worn ) and the diagonal of the Z, this is usually fixed by a springbar that can be micro adjusted....

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Even though that GQ is meant for a bracelet, I'd stick with a nice leather strap until I could find the right bracelet or links.

Agree with DAHASCO re: diver bracelets being too thick/heavy for that beauty.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I just want to bump this up to see if anyone has a lead on where I might be able to find some extra links for the original bracelet. I've been looking around with no luck so far.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Update: I gave up on finding extra links for the bracelet. I ended up getting a nice black Hirsch strap with contrast white stitching. Also, I was to find another, identical 9943-8040 and my wife is wearing it with the original bracelet from my watch!

·
Registered
657 Posts
I have a King Seiko of similar colors on a black, fine mesh band that has the same aesthetics as a leather strap with the benefits of a bracelet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts