The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really like the Seiko Rally Divers from the late 1960s, but I already have all the ones Seiko officially made, so I set out to create one that Seiko should have made. I began with a 6106-8120 from 1969, to which I added a dial from a 6119 8310, hands from a 6119-8300, and an AM bezel insert designed to go with a 5126-8120.

The bracelet is just as Frankenstein as the rest of the watch. It's actually pieced together from three separate dress watch bracelets from of the period.

I like it, but I don't always trust my own aesthetic sense. Feedback of any kind is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,226 Posts
I simply love the watch head. I too like mixing and matching parts to create a franken at times.

The bracelet doesn't work for me. You did ask for honest feedback......:cautious:

·
Registered
176 Posts
I simply love the watch head. I too like mixing and matching parts to create a franken at times.

The bracelet doesn't work for me. You did ask for honest feedback......:cautious:
I rather like the bracelet. It is not a style I have seen before (being made from other bracelets), so will be very original. All in all, a unique piece.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
certainly not a monstrosity -
In my opinion, the bracelet works because it is period correct and something Seiko would have used for a "sporty" watch.

I think you've hit it closer to the mark than you think ...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts