The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
He described this one as "not NOS, but nice enough.."

Much as I miss Kelly's fantastic photo skills, I really miss that he never posted a "how to"!!??

Raising a glass to Kelly Rayburn this evening.

:)

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
He stopped by for a day or 2 recently but has once again gone off the grid.

·
Registered
4,441 Posts
I seem to recall he did explain once how he took his photos. He used a modified light tent and 2 hot lights. He must have had his camera on a tripod. Then with one hand he moved one of the hotlights over and around the outside of the light tent as he watched for where the highlights and shadows were. But he most assuredly used photoshop after to clean up dust spots etc. If you ever notice, his setup of the watch inside his mini light tent was always the same..the hard part was moving the overhead light around and watching out for reflections etc.....
But he obviously mastered his own technique!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I seem to recall he did explain once how he took his photos. He used a modified light tent and 2 hot lights. He must have had his camera on a tripod. Then with one hand he moved one of the hotlights over and around the outside of the light tent as he watched for where the highlights and shadows were. But he most assuredly used photoshop after to clean up dust spots etc. If you ever notice, his setup of the watch inside his mini light tent was always the same..the hard part was moving the overhead light around and watching out for reflections etc.....
But he obviously mastered his own technique!
IIRC, his lighting was lower wattage than you'd expect. somewhere between 5 - 15watt?

Always looked like you could just pick the watch up from the screen, simply stunning.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Many Thanks!! I wish I still had that one. Very nice watch. I have a bunch of watches that I have never photographed. I need to get busy. :( Thanks for the kudos.

Kelly

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
I once sold a quite nice Seiko Worldtimer to Kelly, maybe 6 years ago. I liked it but felt I could let it go.
He photographed it, then posted up here and I almost cried after kicking myself half to death for selling it.
It looked amazing!!!

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Many Thanks!! I wish I still had that one. Very nice watch. I have a bunch of watches that I have never photographed. I need to get busy. :( Thanks for the kudos.

Kelly
Just thrilled to see THE MAN checking back in!

Da Photo KING!

:grin:

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
1 - 10 of 10 Posts