1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
Fantastic! Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Awesome experience - very jealous. Many thanks for the all great pics and write up.

·
Registered
4,931 Posts
What a fantastic post! Very interesting information indeed.

·
Registered
235 Posts
MolleS- Thanks for Sharing this Special Visit to the Seiko Museum in Tokyo. Your photos of Tokyo recalled my one visit there in the first week of July,1964, and my first trips on the Bullet trains and when I first read that Seiko would be the official Timekeeper for the Tokyo Olympics later that month.
I also especially enjoyed your photos of TROG-The Royal Observatory Greenwich-in Metro London,England,UK.The Green laser light marking the Prime Meridian is simply the Best & Smartest way to Mark Longitude and Time Keeping on our planet Earth,IMOP.Back in the 1950's and 1960's GMT mean Greenwich Mean Time and that was the starting point for Universal Time and used for ship and air navigation and could be heard on the BBC.
Well done Amigo -for sharing your journeys, through your excellent photographs, in search of Seiko's special Timekeeping Watch excellence in different parts of this world! --
Be Well, MolleS !------------Eli ForSeiko

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks for the write up and the great pictures.

It would be awesome to visit the Morioka and Shiojiri factories.

Both seem to have display areas in their lobbies and with watches available to purchase at Morioka I would be interested to know if it is possible for regular people to visit.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts