The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First, one thing that kept me away from the shrouded Seiko dive watches was the fact almost all of them are quartz. For some reason I just like autos (I think it is because I can usually get one running if it has stopped due to needing a cleaning or minor repair). A few weeks ago I posted about one of those Tauchmeister shrouded dive watches I picked up, and my son wanted it so I gave it to him. I bought it as a beater and figured since it was quartz I didn't need to worry about it being set when I went to use it because it would keep time until the battery needs to be replaced. That meant I needed some other shrouded dive watch, and figured it was as good a reason as any to take another look at the Seiko quartz offerings. I did some searching and watching and ended up with one of the orange-dialed Sawtooths. I always thought they were pretty nice looking in photos (I never saw one in person). I read the reviews on them and people sounded happy with them.

The watch arrived today and I have to say it looks great! It is a larger watch, but as most people state, due to the case shape it sits low on the wrist and curves around the wrist. I have small wrists and when I first saw the watch I thought it would be too big. I took most of the removable links out of the bracelet and now it fits perfectly. I also now know what you guys are talking about when you refer to the "pins and collars". I was removing the third pin to take links out and saw something fall off the table out of the corner of my eye. I thought it was just a piece of dirt or something. I then got to thinking that it had to be from the bracelet. I checked the fit of the pins and found that they just fell right through the holes in the links. NOW I knew what these collars are that people always talk about. I found one collar on the floor, and another on the table, but ended up losing one. I just took apart another link to get the collar, and all worked out okay.

I also have to say the stainless bracelet goes great with the watch.

andy b.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Congratulations on your new Sawtooth.

Those pins and collars are certainly for the advanced bracelet adjuster....and those with superior eyesight because you always drop one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was wearing the Sawtooth all day today and the more I wear it the more I like it. The look is certainly more streamlined than the standard Tuna dive watches. Another nice thing about it is that due to the shape of the shroud, sleeves don't get caught on it. I'm still a big fan of autos, but I'm glad I picked this watch up. I bought it as kind of a beater, but I have a feeling it is going to get much less abuse than I was originally planning. It is just too darn nice looking. :)

This is also the first watch I have with an orange dial. The black outlined hands really jump out at you on the orange dial. The red tip on the second hand kind of disappears, but I'm not sure what other color you could use. You'd have to go with something really odd like bright green.

andy b.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts