The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9,874 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just sold a very nice 27J Bell-matic on eb$y and I get this response from the buyer.....

Dear Sir, I was trying to pay you via Pay Pal but unfortunately couldn't find Egypt in the Pay Pal list so Could you kindly contcat me on my cell phone number +2XXXXX to get your bank account details as well as the swift code in order to transfer money to your account . Otherwise kindly advise what to do in order to proceed with payment [I removed the cellphone number]

???
My listing indicates payment by Paypal only. What do you suggest? A 2nd chance offer to the next bidder or relist?

·
The Joker
31,468 Posts
Yes, it's a bit "stinky". IMHO you might want to thank the buyer for his interest, reiterate that your terms were P/P only and then relist. (Ebayers may be a bit suspicious of "second-chance" offers as they have been used fraudulently in the past.) ::) Some ebay vendors even go as far as to issue a disclaimer/warning with words to the effect, "We never issue second-chance offers; if you get one with our name, it's fraudulent".

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
JohnN said:
Just sold a very nice 27J Bell-matic on eb$y and I get this response from the buyer.....

Dear Sir, I was trying to pay you via Pay Pal but unfortunately couldn't find Egypt in the Pay Pal list so Could you kindly contcat me on my cell phone number +2XXXXX to get your bank account details as well as the swift code in order to transfer money to your account . Otherwise kindly advise what to do in order to proceed with payment [I removed the cellphone number]

???
My listing indicates payment by Paypal only. What do you suggest? A 2nd chance offer to the next bidder or relist?
I get whiffs from it too ???

Norms advice is what I would follow...unless relisting will cut too deeply into the money you hoped to get for the watch; in which case you could try the 'second chance' route.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
If Egypt isnt listed in paypal, then why did he bid?
Forget about him, at the very least he should have contacted you before.

·
Registered
530 Posts
First out of curiosity I would check to see if Egypt is listed or not. Either way though you specified terms and you're right to stick with them. If you wanted to be accommodating you could do a money transfer just make sure it's cash being transferred and not a check or something and your bank says it's clear before sending anything out.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Oh you are unlucky ::)

yup thank him for his interest and express regret that the deal has to be cancelled as pp is the form of payment you can only accept as stated in the auction.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts