The Watch Site banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SEIKO 5 SUPERIOR AUTOMATIC SNZD03:

Guys, lately I've been on a Seiko 5 Superior kick. I have discovered how well made these watches really are, their relative obscurity, and their overall beauty.

Angelis

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Handsome piece Angelis. Can you tell us more about that bezel? From the pics it looks as if there is a clear covering over the underlying markings. Is that correct?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Angelis, you've got another gem. 8)
Love the finish on this one. Elegant and slick.
That bezel is cool too. It reminds me of that bezel from the ultra rare, Jewel Fish model.
I wish more models used this look.
Nice catch, and enjoy it.

Dave.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Isthmus said:
Handsome piece Angelis. Can you tell us more about that bezel? From the pics it looks as if there is a clear covering over the underlying markings. Is that correct?
Hey Isthmus:

This piece is very unique in it's own right. The bezel is a 120-click, and the numbering on the bezel is actually printed into the metal...as I thought it was an IP'd enameled insert. When I received it, I was shocked at the quality...I mean I know it's a Superior and the top tier of the Seiko 5s, but so much effort went into this watch that I just couldn't believe that I paid only $150.00 + free ship! I mean c'mon now, I would have to have been both stupid and insane to look the other way on this one. :D

The very unique aspect of this watch is the way Seiko chose to layer the IP/PVD. The bezel has a fantastic shining IP plating, whereas the case and the entire bracelet are plated in that matte PVD that almost appears to be gunmetal. Now with that being said, the seller who sold me this watch used the word "gunmetal" in the description of the watch. I believe that "gunmetal" is often times confused with IP/PVD.

Here are other great pics, not mine, but mine will come soon:

I mean...what's not to love. GREAT IP treatment, SOLID bracelet & end links, GOOD lume, SAPPHIRE crystal, RAISED indices...knurled & signed crown, it's just total class.

Angelis

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sharkfinDave said:
Angelis, you've got another gem. 8)
Love the finish on this one. Elegant and slick.
That bezel is cool too. It reminds me of that bezel from the ultra rare, Jewel Fish model.
I wish more models used this look.
Nice catch, and enjoy it.

Dave.
Thanks Dave:

It's just that I look for the more obscure watches...the model we don't normally see, or for that matter, the models we don't see anymore.

Angelis

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Aurelius said:
I like the lume pips on the chapter ring. That's very cool.
I'm loving it! And I'm NOWHERE an IP/PVD guy...it just screamed at me to buy it....

Angelis

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
LUW said:

Ok, what did you use?
Gun?
Knife?
Crowbar?
All of the above?
[/quote]

More like all of the above! ;D

It's gorgeous...what more can I say...and the PVD is well done...

Ciao Luciano,

Angelis

1 - 11 of 11 Posts