The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought Daves SBDB007 (which arrived today) a month after I bought his Yellow Sumo. Both are fabulous watches but the SBDB007's date change mechanism is just like the Rolex GMT II's - i.e. no quick date change but the hours click quickly so that the date changes every 2 cycles.

It is a beautiful piece but as I still haven't gotten around to learning how to attach photos, here's the link to Dave's ad:
http://www.thewatchsite.com/8-seiko...s-ltd-ed-landmaster-miura-sbdb007-4900-a.html

Btw, Dave is an excellent seller. A fine gentleman who is impeccable in his communications and actions. :)

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
Must be a Seiko GMT thing where the first click only moves the hour hand forward or backwards (whereas on a normal watch it sets the day and date)

My GS GMT has the same problem which is why I keep wearing it so it doesn't unwind.

My Alpinist 8F56 perpetual calendar GMT's don't have that problem :97:

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
Congrats. The Everest Miura's are awesome.

It seems like Seiko decomposed the Spacewalk into 2 separate 'civilian' models - the SD Landmasters and the IZUL - the Landmasters kept the GMT complication and the IZULS the chronograph.

Looked up the 5R66 movement (pdf here) and I see what you mean now - there is a separate crown position for hour adjustment.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I also just bought an SBDB095 from Seiya - but I much prefer the Miura! Just personal..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,784 Posts
Glad you like it! I miss her already.! An absolute pleasure working with you as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts