44-hour power reserve
Functions:
Chronograph functions central
Day and night / 24 hours
Small second
Case:
High grade steel (CHY-1) , or Black DLC steel, white Superluminova (CHY-2) or
Black DLC steel, orange Superluminova (CHY-5) or
18K red gold bezel and black DLC steel (CHY-3)
Constructed of over 103 parts
Dimensions:
44.6 mm/ 49.6 mm including lateral protectors
Special pushers for chronograph correction
Exclusive crown-activated rotating bezel
Proprietary adaptable lugs mechanism
4.0 mm glare-proofed sapphire crystal
Exhibition case-back
Water resistant to 500 meters

Dial:

White, grey or black with superluminova applique markers.
60 seconds counter at center
60 minutes counter at center
Day and night / 24hours indicator at 9

I really wanted to like this watch but in the end I was disappointed. This is a heavy watch, almost too heavy for normal use. I found the case too large and if you are going to have a date wheel, I would like to be able to see it. The date is far too small and useless in the opinion of this reviewer.

The familiar Clerc bezel is present even though Swiss Legend has been borrowing it for their scubador watch. I have always been a fan of this design as it sets the watch apart from the rest of the watch world. It is also practical when grabbing the bezel to rotate it. At least it has been that way in the past. This new Clerc has a interesting bezel release on the upper left hand side of the dial. You must unscrew this before you can turn the bezel. That might be a nice fashion feature but it is impractical for anyone trying to use this feature. I want a bezel that turns easily without having to unlock it.

The Hornback Alligator strap is comfortable and the deployment clasp easy to use.

The pushers were also a bit hard to work around which was a disappointment to me. It strikes me that this watch is a design exercise gone wrong. I really wanted to like this watch when I first received it but as I wore it every day for a week, I felt like I had oversized weight on my wrist and something that reminded me too much of the subaqua noma sold by that marketing company in Florida.

The dial was interesting but in my opinion not very practical. I for one prefer the dial from the Clerc CXX250 from a few years ago.

For the amount of money this sells for, I would not recommend purchasing it new but rather on the the secondary pre-owned market.
Perhaps not the review some are looking for but just my opinion.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.