The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To keep on topic, here's the latest Seiko I've had the pleasure of meeting (wish it were mine, but it's just a radio repair job on the bench). It's one of several I've owned/worked on. Most were Sonys; this one is a Matshushita (AKA Panasonic).

Now the humor: My son returned from a work assignment in China yesterday. Knowing my interest in watches, he brought me back a not-too-difficult-to-spot "fake". The funny part to me was the spelling on the back. :D

Enjoy.

Cheers! Hamish.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
HaggisCan said:
To keep on topic, here's the latest Seiko I've had the pleasure of meeting (wish it were mine, but it's just a radio repair job on the bench). It's one of several I've owned/worked on. Most were Sonys; this one is a Matshushita (AKA Panasonic).

Now the humor: My son returned from a work assignment in China yesterday. Knowing my interest in watches, he brought me back a not-too-difficult-to-spot "fake". The funny part to me was the spelling on the back. :D

Enjoy.

Cheers! Hamish.
SWITCHINTERNET :eek: ??? :'( ;)

Tell us more about the Seiko; it's cool 8)

·
Registered
147 Posts
I really like "manufactured in Switchinternet"...Wonder how much your son paid for this "global" watch...
Next time you need to ask your son to buy one of these...

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pin said:
SWITCHINTERNET :eek: ??? :'( ;)

Tell us more about the Seiko; it's cool 8)
The Seiko wrist watch movement (and also Citizen, Bulova and a few others) were used in many transistor radios in the 1960s. they were wired in to turn on the radio at a predeterined time. The movements were not up to wrist watch standards, usually being "dumbed down" in the jewel count. Want more info? - drop me a line.

Cheers! Hamish.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
junlon said:
I really like "manufactured in Switchinternet"...Wonder how much your son paid for this "global" watch...
Next time you need to ask your son to buy one of these...

[/quote]I'm sure he didn't pay much, if anything for it. On his last trip over, the company he was working for "gifted" him a couple Rolex and a couple Breitling Navitimers (actually very good fakes IMO.) Here's a quich pic of the front of the "Switchinternet" model. ;D .

Cheers. Hamish.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts