The Watch Site banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
5,275 Posts
Not just overseas but even all domestic air and train is prohibited by my company. Since a lot of us travel for business.

All of my clients (pharmaceuticals) have instituted firewall policies, they have told all oftheir supplies 'you cannot come in' so now I will stay home 100% of the time instead 1 or of 2 or 3 days a week at home and the rest making sales calls all over the country.

The conference I was going to all week next week was global in nature and canceled.

All schools in New Jersey where we live are to be closed for a few weeks as of now, and in my town for 4 weeks but that consists of 3 weeks at home by computer ("distance learning") and then the usual Spring Break week.

My sister is a teacher in PA they have a 2 week period of pure time off - nothing nada just sit at home.

BUT no hysteria, by and large stores are well stocked except toilet paper and Lysol.

Looks like I'll be at my beach house A LOT this summer.

·
Registered
3,160 Posts
The Government of Alberta just announced all public schools will be closed until further notice, which means I'll have more time on my hands.

Btw, I filled the car up yesterday for 77.9 cents per litre.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
I'm way down the bottom of the world in Tasmania and we only have 7 confirmed cases so far. Stupid people have been buying all the toilet paper for weeks and when I called into the supermarket today I had to hand back one of the three packets of pasta I intended to buy as I was over the limit. No toilet paper to be had
We're lucky in Australia that it summer, so not peak flu and cold season. Also the government was quick to shut down flights from China so that slowed things down too.
Sports, entertainment and tourism industries are all basically shut down but not public schools yet.
We're not too concerned for ourselves, but of course our parents are all in their 70s so we're worried about them.
The kicker is my planned interstate trip to see Iron Maiden and a football match in May is almost certainly off.
In some good news, I read today that Aussie doctors have had success curing patients with an HIV drug and with an old malaria drug that is no longer used because malaria has a resistance to it. They're hoping to start a full trial in a couple of weeks.
Stay safe and healthy everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9 Posts
Things are going crazy everywhere, but come to think of it, without all the pollution worldwide, Mother nature is healing. This will be over soon, I hope.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts