The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Before I spend money at the watchmakers I thought I'd check in here to see how easy or hard it would be to replace the crystal on my Seiko 6539-5030 quarts vintage.

This is what the watch looks like...

I have the replacement crystal ready to go and I have a basic set of watch tools here for replacing batteries and links etc. but I don't have much more than that, and I'm far from proficient at anything beyond very basic tinkering. Luckily this is a quartz so maybe I can do this myself.

Has anyone posted a guide or video tutorial, or if you've done this before could you describe what to do?

If it's quite involved and requires pulling parts out in order to access the crystal I'll lean towards going to the watchmaker, as the watch belongs to my Dad and I don't want to break it.

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
Movement out. Push the glass out. Scrape the glue off the recess for the glass. Carefully glue the new glass (crystal?!) in. Leave it to dry and refit the movement etc. Done ;-)

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
If the old one is glued on, apply heat to the case to soften it (after removing the movement+dial and crown)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts