The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I recently acquired a 7A28 with a new lug arrangement for me:

Could you please tell me how to remove the bracelet?

Thanks.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Coincidentally I have the black dialed version 7A28-7070 on it's way to me as we "speak". I think John is correct. Borels show that the fixing pin is in two parts: Fixing pin 81601169 and Fixing pipe 81180189. So you should be able to push out the pin but be very carefull not to lose the collars. There may be two (one each end) or four (two outers and two inners.
Hope this helps.
Kind regards
Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sure Mark but I'm still searching for a "pin" that fits. Toothpicks just won't do it :C

BTW thanks for the input guys!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So finally I managed to push the bar/pin out, and you guys are right, it's a pin and collar setup. Here's the bar/pin (and collars) with Citizen NY0040 spring bar for comparison purpose:

Because I hadn't been able to find a fitting pin to push out the watch's bar/pin, I used a 1.4mm screwdriver. Bad idea don't copy! Why, because:
1/ It has sharp edges and might damage the collar (fortunately I didn't).
2/ It fits the bracelet holes but not the case "lugs". Someone who doesn't know might push too hard and damage something when it stops.

So at the end I used a straightened and rounded paperclip to push the bar/pin out. It's best IMO to use a pin that's smaller in diameter than the collar (about <1mm) so the collar can slip effortlessly onto the pin.

Now for an important part: The bar has only one collar (the other end is a raised-larger diameter of the bar/pin itself) so you must push from the collar side else the bar/pin won't budge. The collar side is at the watch's left side on *MY* watch (I don't know the repair history of this watch).

Now that the bracelet is free off the watch case, I can comment about my observation of the construction of this arrangement. The bracelet-case fixing definitely doesn't look robust! Reasons:
1/ The "lugs" are tubes welded to the case:

2/ The bracelet endlinks are sheet metal welded to the bracelet and then folded to make a tube:

Maybe tomorrow I'll add the dimensions of the bar/pin and collar when I have access to a caliper.

BTW how to remove the bracelet links (those damages weren't made by me)?

·
Registered
292 Posts
HansA. said:
Sure Mark but I'm still searching for a "pin" that fits. Toothpicks just won't do it :C

BTW thanks for the input guys!
You need one of these. Plenty on ebay (sellers pic) - search for Bracelet Link Pin Remover

1 - 9 of 9 Posts