The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please, if somebody can point me in the right direction to a how to....

or tell me if this is a simple step or not.
I just bought a lumed 55 bezel to replace the stock one, and would like to do it myself.

can I ruin things? I don't have any special tools...

Thanks
cheers

·
Registered
138 Posts
*Entire bezel assembly removal- Slide case knife or similar under the bezel, torque the blade such that one edge is forcing against the case, the other forcing against the bezel itself. Should pop loose. Can then work around the perimeter of the bezel.
*bezel insert removal-can use zippo lighter fluid to loosen adhesive that attaches bezel insert to the bezel, carefully slide exacto knife blade between insert and bezel keep it wet with lighter fluid, work around until comes loose. Can be done without a solvent to loosen it up, but not recommended

Good luck,
Jonas

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok i tried this today....

for a first try it was not so bad....but:

I ruined the bezel...a small crack, but still acceptable for the first time and for a starter watch i'll buy again anyway....but had issues with putting the whole bezel back onto the watch. Surprisingly it it was easier to remove the bezel insert and replace it than putting the whole thing back onto it. Once i got it onto, it was stuck. Look fabulous, but stuck....:mad:

Was so desperate that i took it to my watch smith to get it done....don't want to ruin it completely....:undecided:

most ridiculous is, now it will take a couple of days(!) because he has a waiting list....but well....probably the best....next time i'll let him do everything!:rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts