The Watch Site banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if a replacement for the S-290 would be available anywhere?
Do you have some trick to open this kind of cases?
Thank you for your help!

Cheers,
Mathieu

Attachments

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
The most obvious thing that springs to mind, is feeler gauges. You can use a dremel or similar to grind and then bend the end of a couple of the blades - which are thin but strong steel and also hinged.
And they're cheap and easily available.

Attachments

·
Special Member
1,294 Posts
I just used an old credit card cut to width on my 7019-5000
Worked a treat.

EDIT: Just realised its slightly different. Mine has a complete slot rather than two small slots.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for your advices!

@ 7s26b: nice idea, I'll try this one if I couldn't find some more 'ready-to-use' solution, as I don't even own a dremel :(

@ rob3rto: I'm afraid that a credit card will not be stiff enough for the 2 small holes of this kind of case, but this is worth a try!

Not sure that I posted my request in the right section... Moderators, please move it where it should be, if necessary ;)

Cheers,
Mathieu

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
If you want it moved - PM a moderator.

·
Super Moderator
3,209 Posts
The right tool for the job, but if you are in a pinch two screw driver blades would work. Make them out of brass to avoid marring anything. And I've moved the thread to the main watchmaking and tinkering forum for you.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The right tool for the job, but if you are in a pinch two screw driver blades would work. Make them out of brass to avoid marring anything. And I've moved the thread to the main watchmaking and tinkering forum for you.
Thank you very much, Noah, and sorry for the trouble!

Cheers,
Mathieu

·
Banned
4,527 Posts
I just push one clip in with a screwdriver and put some pressure on that side glass and the clip moves out of the hole a bit.
Ditto the other side and the back is off:)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts