The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to mod this watch. Is there a how to, to get the movement out and the dial off?
Would it be the same as a 6309 divers?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
well hello..well removing the movement is quite easy...just need to remove the back cover and then just release the stem and the movement will just come out with the dial and hands...it is the same procedure as the divers...do you have any experience with watch disassembly?...God Bless John...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, no experience but I have got an old seiko 5 to pull apart,so I can practice before I use the modded dial and hands.

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
I can't get the hands back on ???
You will need some tools like these to do that and be safe,
or you could make the Dial cover out of some thin plastic.
But be very careful of the Dial not getting ruined or scratched.

You might want to watch a .... " YouTube Video ", before you start anything.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
well i totally agree with Long Bike...before i start tearing into anything go onto Youtube or search here for pics and info about a disassembly...as long as you have a careful touch and patience as this is not a very hard job...but you can damage the dial or hands very easily...and you will need the parts shown above and some very small screwdrivers and i would highly suggest a hand setting tool too...pics would really help as well...God Bless John

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi, can't do pics at the moment as my cell phone died. Should get it back in a couple of days.
I have some tools and I have taken the movement out of the seiko 5 that doesn't work,I have got the dial and hands off but can't get the hands back on, I have a simple tool for this, to put it back together.
I am just practising with this one before I attempt a dial and hands mod on a good donor watch which I have (We have communicated on this on another thread)

What I don,t get is Where would the dial dots go to stick my new dial on? As the only place I can see is the day date wheels. The mod dial has no day date window, so I assume you just cover it up.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
well it all depends on what the dial is from....they should have little pins that come out...if the dial is from the later 7s26 you will have to remove the pins and use dial dots or have new feet put on...you just stick them on the spacer other wise it will not allow the movement to work properly as the day wheel will move the dial...the hand reinstallation is quite easy..most people use a hand setting tool...i have even used the small screwdrivers with the end removed and put a small amount of tape over the end to protect the hands and do them one at a time...you need to make sure the day wheel is just changed over to the next day so it is at midnight so it will be accurate too....if you have any questions feel free to pm me too...God Bless John

·
Special Member
4,751 Posts
I tried to search info on this model and it takes me to this thread and previous on the crystal. Are you sure that's the model number? Well, does it have the crown on the 3hr marker or around the 4hr marker?

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
yes same here ...i can not find that model number....

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I tried to search info on this model and it takes me to this thread and previous on the crystal. Are you sure that's the model number? Well, does it have the crown on the 3hr marker or around the 4hr marker?

Yeah, its the right model, I even have the warranty from1983!
The crown is at 4.

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
well when you can ..pics sure would help...and remember do not attach the dial to the day and date wheels with the dial dots

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well it all depends on what the dial is from....they should have little pins that come out...if the dial is from the later 7s26 you will have to remove the pins and use dial dots or have new feet put on...you just stick them on the spacer other wise it will not allow the movement to work properly as the day wheel will move the dial...the hand reinstallation is quite easy..most people use a hand setting tool...i have even used the small screwdrivers with the end removed and put a small amount of tape over the end to protect the hands and do them one at a time...you need to make sure the day wheel is just changed over to the next day so it is at midnight so it will be accurate too....if you have any questions feel free to pm me too...God Bless John

There is a picture of it under one of my previous threads...... A View to Mod.
I should be able to get the hands back on now. I did not realise there are two screws holding the dial feet in so I could not get the dial on far enough to get hands back on.
Lucky I have this one to practice with!!
I will pm you, thanks.
I am learning slowly....

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
hey it all takes time..i know it did for me and we will try and help you not have the same pitfalls we did...God Bless John....i will look and see if i can find it on old thread

·
Registered
6,299 Posts
i remember it...it is a great looking watch..i just sold the one i had...very easy to work on and well worth using to make it personal to you too...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts