The Watch Site banner

How should I nickname my SBCM023 ?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hm, anytime I see a name that includes "ninja" or "stealth", I assume it's going to be black PVD'd. I've had mine for a couple of years now, I've used it for everything for skiing to scuba diving, and the characteristics that stand out for me are:

1. Amazing accuracy
2. Bank vault-like solidity of construction (including a very nice bracelet)
3. Comfortable size for daily wear
4. Classic design

It's a modern version of a nearly century-old design, updated with twenty-first century materials and technology. It has everything it needs to have and is free of nonessentials. The classic design will be as fresh in twenty years as it is now. This is likely the last dive watch I will ever buy. Can you tell I'm a fan?

Nicknames? If one hasn't already stuck, I think it's too late. If a watch is revolutionary or highly distinctive (e.g. bubbleback, moon watch, canteen), its nickname follows naturally. If it's just a highly competent rendition of something as commonplace as a Blancpain/Rolex - format diver, I think a nickname comes across as being a bit labored. If this is the type of watch you want, you already know this model.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
minidriver said:
Thanks, Catalin. The only disappointing aspect of this watch is the absence of solid end bracelet links. I am going to wait for the exchange rate to improve a bit and make a final decision then. This Prospex diver is the only enticing 8F equipped piece that seems worth a try (The other would have been the 8F56 GMT but those are out of production).
This watch has a 20mm lug width, correct?

I'm not sure of this, but doesn't someone sell an aftermarket oyster band with SEL in 20mm?

41 - 42 of 42 Posts