The Watch Site banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Would you buy this? ;) I certainly wouldn't.

It's advertised as "Seiko Watch Waterproof". :grin: :grin: - It would need to be, looking at this picture

Have you got other strange finds and / or disgusting seller pics? :grin:

·
Registered
2,050 Posts
Some of my best watch bargains were watches that looked if they had been fished out of a toilet, I love the fussy people who are put off by a bit of detritus and don't bid ;). The ultrasonic cleaner is your best friend. :cool:

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well the funny listings always make me smile..i have found some of my best deals with terrible pics...it is like Christmas....you dont know what you are getting...but i never pay much for those either...God Bless John

·
Special Member
3,395 Posts
I agree, some good deals can be made when the seller is not very ehhh... handy with the camera. The nicest watches are usually caked in dead skin cells, mud, etc.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I agree, some good deals can be made when the seller is not very ehhh... handy with the camera. The nicest watches are usually caked in dead skin cells, mud, etc.
That is so true! I get so skeeved out when I get a new watch and it is packed full of DNA all up in the case where the band and case meet. Or even worse the flex bands! I tell you there are some dirty mother lovers out there!

·
Registered
529 Posts
I don't know, sometimes I've gotten good deals with listings with not-so-great pics, other times I've been screwed over. It feels like a gamble sometimes.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I don't know, sometimes I've gotten good deals with listings with not-so-great pics, other times I've been screwed over. It feels like a gamble sometimes.
I was looking as some listings yesterday with 7T62 as the search word. A listing comes up that says used 7T62 movement for parts. So I go to look at the pictures. There is only one. The picture is of a complete 7T32 watch face down with the rear cover off. So I send a message to the guy to ask him. Is the item in the picture what you are selling because that is a 7T32 complete watch because your listing says you are selling a 7T62 movement. This was the entire reply I got word for word in all caps "STOCK PICTURE JUST 7T62 MOVEMENT"
Now how lazy can you be. To lazy to take a picture of the item he want to sell and even so lazy he can't even be bothered to steal a picture of the correct item! Not one for chatting to much either I guess. I did not even reply and I just deleted the listing off my saved list.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts