The Watch Site banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I posted on my experience with two different 6139s in two very different initial condition. It’s a helpful comparison:
How I Succeeded in College Without Even Trying, or the Cost of 6139 Restoration

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
The most I've ever paid for a UK service of a 6139 is £400, so ~$500, but that was quite a bit of extra work...

£130 - full movement service
£30 - full case stripdown & clean
£15 - new gaskets (pushers, crown, caseback)
£15 - NOS pallet forks
£60 - jewel barrel arbor bushes
£52 - stem/gear/spring
£40 - NOS crown
£10 - cut down stem
£10 - relume inner dial ring triangle
£30 - Sternkreuz crystal
£8 - return p&p

Total : £400

·
Registered
37 Posts
I have used 3 different watchmakers to service my watches. The first did not do a very good job and was in the $300 range. The second watchmaker did an excellent job on a 1950's Omega Constellation. but it cost $500 for a service of a complete and running watch. I've settled on a retired watchmaker who only charges $200 for a service of a chronograph and $100 for a normal self wind watch. He's in his 80's, takes his time and only has a few clients. My only hope is he lives long enough to service all my watches.

·
Registered
143 Posts
The most I've paid was around $800 for a fully photo documented service of a gold 6139-6005 from someone not in Colorado. Typically I'm paying half that amount by my local Seiko shop but it's not as if I'm going inside that watch and evaluating exactly what I'm getting for that money. That's just me, certainly if someone can truly determine if they are getting their moneys worth then that's awesome. I would say from what I see out there from the reputable guys in the U.S., U.K. and Canada a good service should be from $300 to $600 depending on just how extensive the extra repairs are.
"All services are not created equal!"

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
From my watchmaker here in Italy-Rome for a Seiko chrono i pay a full service 150€ if there are no pieces to change.....

21 - 28 of 28 Posts