The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Administrator
29,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have only ever used three guys and they have imo done superb work at a very reasonable price, a bargain really for the job they do.

While browsing ebay I saw a 6139 that had been serviced sometime in the past at a cost of $700, gulp made me appreciate the guys who do mine even more, thanks Duncan, Simon and James :)

·
Registered
25,162 Posts
I remember asking The colorado dipshit how much to service a 6138 about 5-6 years ago and he quoted me $350 + $175.00 for a center chrono wheel that he said was so rare (if he could find one) I had 3 of them in my hands...Then crystal $65.00 and so on....Back to our regularly scheduled 6139 content.

·
"The Prospector"
4,482 Posts
Not that much !! :oops: :oops: Had my Seikomatic Weekdater and my KS serviced by one of our very talented 'watch guys' recently. At a very reasonable cost by today's standards!!

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I have only ever used three guys and they have imo done superb work at a very reasonable price, a bargain really for the job they do.
I've used and continue to make use of the services of two members here to do my watch repairs/servicing and for the quality of work they do, their prices are very reasonable for sure. Would'nt want it any other way

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
The prices charged by the experts on the forum are fantastic value. You try seeing how much to get even a modern Rolex or Omega serviced at an AD, the prices are astronomical in comparison.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
165 Posts
I've had work done by both Guy and Simon. Both experiences were top notch and the pricing very reasonable.
Spencer has also done a couple of watches for me and I have absolutely no complaints. Sure, he can be a bit irascible if you cross him(goes with being a genius watch mechanic) but his work is the best.
I once sent him a 7s36 watch with no strap to service. It came back with a 4r36 movement and the correct OEM bracelet! To top it off, he did not even charge me for it. (y) (y)
Mind you I did give him a couple of 6139s ;)

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
The $700 service price tag was quoted by a guy selling the blue Pogue on Reddit for $1200. He said it was $700 because Spencer added a jewel and changed the crystal. Apparently the watch still had issues that weren't addressed. Don't recall what it was, it either wasn't resetting to zero or day change was an issue.
Hey, $700 only takes you so far.

Rob

·
Registered
477 Posts
The $700 service price tag was quoted by a guy selling the blue Pogue on Reddit for $1200. He said it was $700 because Spencer added a jewel and changed the crystal. Apparently the watch still had issues that weren't addressed. Don't recall what it was, it either wasn't resetting to zero or day change was an issue.
Hey, $700 only takes you so far.

Rob
That watch is also on eBay, including a photo of the service bill.

·
Registered
3,569 Posts
I charge $300 for 6139 and $400 for 6138 + parts. NZ $
I refinish (if wanted) the case and bracelet for that and fit new back and pusher / crown seals.

I did a couple of Pogues for a guy years ago who was quoted $900 for just the overhaul!!

·
Premium Member
927 Posts
Looks like there's a whole bunch of stuff going on in there as well as a movement service @ $375.
Still quite a hefty bill but STS here in the UK will charge you $655 for servicing an Omega Speedmaster Reduced chrono ( includes crown, pushers and new crystal ) so maybe the guys not that OTT with his prices.

I think Tiger hit the nail on the head with his statement...
"I have only ever used three guys and they have imo done superb work at a very reasonable price, a bargain really for the job they do."

·
Registered
5,703 Posts
Quite frankly the invoice tells a very different story. The price was not 'for a service'. It was way more in scope. You mihgt want to quibble here and there but if so be honest to yourself and admit some of the line items actually look a little bit low and more like a bargain.

I'd say $700 for the itemized list is very fair.

Attachments

·
Administrator
29,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thats correct reklawg I have only used these three guys for repairing Seikos, in the main 6139s but also 6138, 6217, 7As, in the past I have sent Rolex and Tudor to Rolex, bloody expensive the same goes for Omega but you makes your choices and pays the prices, all part of the fun :)

I think Tiger hit the nail on the head with his statement...
"I have only ever used three guys and they have imo done superb work at a very reasonable price, a bargain really for the job they do."

·
Administrator
29,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm always very grateful that the guys have done the work (service/repair) for me and would never dream of querying the price they charge for there work but in all honesty $700 for a 6139 would make my eyes water (a lot).

Quite frankly the invoice tells a very different story. The price was not 'for a service'. It was way more in scope. You mihgt want to quibble here and there but if so be honest to yourself and admit some of the line items actually look a little bit low and more like a bargain.

I'd say $700 for the itemized list is very fair.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I charge $300 for 6139 and $400 for 6138 + parts. NZ $
I refinish (if wanted) the case and bracelet for that and fit new back and pusher / crown seals.
That sounds very reasonable. I would pay about $250 USD over here in Seoul for a 6139 overhaul, plus extra for crystal or more difficult parts.

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Wait, so that jewel for $50 is only the literal jewel and the install is a separate $40?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts