The Watch Site banner

how much should i sell this for??

2K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  doomguy10011 
#1 ·
Hi all.....
how much should i sell my july 94, 7002-7000 for?
mildly modded with ploprof hands, green insert and shark mesh bracelet.
looking forward to your answers.......or offers???

cheers.....

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Look on the bay, thiers loads of modded 7002's and they seem to fetch more money than a unmolested one.
Anything from £125 to £250 depending on the quality of the mod.
At the end of the day its only worth what someone is willing to pay for it, which can be said for any watch really.

Imho, change the bracelet for a rubber strap, it will make the watch stand out more than the mesh you have fitted at the moment.

#6 ·
I don't know if eBay is the best place to find sales prices, unless you're planning on listing it as an auction. There are a lot of unscrupulous sellers and a lot of inexperienced buyers so the prices are kind of out of whack.
I bought my unmolested 7002 < $100 on the forums, but I've paid almost as much for AM pieces when I started out.

#10 ·
I think it's looked at as a transitional piece. Yes, it's an older movement, but it uses the same basic case design as the current SKX so it takes a back seat price wise when the style can be had with a new movement. The rounded 6309 and 6105 are much more unique in that respect.

#26 ·
It's pretty much happened with the 6309-7290 already. I don't think you can find an all-original unmolested model for less than ~$200. Fortunately, that's not yet the case with the 7002. It's quite an overlooked model, though I really love it and don't see why so many people consider it a throwaway model.

#21 · (Edited)
As someone who does not work on watches, I like the 7002 as well as the 6309 and 7s26. I have several of each, although all of my 7002s are the later 200 meter -7039 and -7020 variants. In fact, my latest arrived yesterday, a modded 7002-7020. $75 all in. I think it looks pretty good.

Edit: 6309-7290, 7002-7039, 7S26-0028 aka SKX173. I like the rectangular markers.

#25 ·
Ray G said , "What's not to like about this one?"...I agree , it is likable .
I just received an AM bezel insert and hands for a parts watch that fellow member Longbike gave me and hope to be wearing it soon.
Also , I just sent one to my son...he's not even a watch guy but he saw the one I sent to his brother [6309...he's a watch guy] , and he mentioned what a great looking watch the Seiko divers are . He's stoked with it .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.