The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
which specific model are you asking about? an actual Tuna can, or one of the other shrouded divers? Most of them are quartz powered and they come in both vintage and modern.

which specific one are you asking about.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isthmus said:
which specific model are you asking about? an actual Tuna can, or one of the other shrouded divers? Most of them are quartz powered and they come in both vintage and modern.

which specific one are you asking about.
er.....a tunacan :D

you learn somrthing new everyday on here!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
mrteatime said:
er.....a tunacan :D

you learn somrthing new everyday on here!
Ok, are you looking for a vintage 7549-7010; a modern (but discontinued) SBBN007; or the current SBBN015/SBBN017/SBBN019 (that last one being a limited edition).

I suspect you might be asking about the SBBN007.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I've been seeing them trade anywhere from a bit over $600 to around the mid $700s of late depending on condition (most being slightly used to perfect), and whether they are on a strap or on a bracelet (and which bracelet). There have been some price exceptions in both directions of course, but that's where I'm seeing the average. What can I say, prices jumped after it was discontinued, and the replacement model was not so drastically different or better to make people line up to buy it at it's much higher price. As a result, collector attention has stayed focused on the SBBN007 and prices have remained high. I still remember when they could be had new in the mid $300s.

Maybe others can chime in.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I've been fishing for a Tuna too (SBBN007) and have seen prices anywhere from $450 to $950 for that particular model. All are supposedly "excellent condition" or "like new". As with anything I think you just have to do the leg work and jump in when you're comfortable.
I have yet to find the right deal but my line is in the water.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Buy a sbbn017 from Seiya for 7 or 8 bills. Or he sells sbbn015 which has MM clasp on the bracelet and a black bezel insert for 1100 bills. I got a headache looking for sbbn007. They're rare at 500, but common at 850 and above. I paid 748 shipped from Seiya for my sbbn017 and the only difference is it says marinemaster and has a signed crown.

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
There was a special offer a few months back for the SBBN015 at $800 IIRC from Higuchi.
Of course, by the time I went to place the order, the offer was gone...
:'(

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
Jan-10 said:
Buy a sbbn017 from Seiya for 7 or 8 bills. Or he sells sbbn015 which has MM clasp on the bracelet and a black bezel insert for 1100 bills. I got a headache looking for sbbn007. They're rare at 500, but common at 850 and above. I paid 748 shipped from Seiya for my sbbn017 and the only difference is it says marinemaster and has a signed crown.
The SBBN015 sports hands with a brushed finish, whereas the SBBN007's hands have a polished finish. Also, as Isthmus pointed out, the dials are slightly different. Can you tell me the movement-case number for the SBBN015? It's 7C46-7011 for the SBBN007.

Best,
Myles

·
Registered
862 Posts
Seiya and Higuchi only specify 7c46 for sbbn015.

Actually I bought sbbn017 and it sort of killed my aspirations for sbbn007 because its sooo similiar, but now I realize its killing my aspirations for sbbn015 as well.

Actually I want sbbn015 badly. Currently trying to work out if 015 is needed since I have 017. Being repetative here, but 017 is locking me out of 007 and 015...

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Jan-10 said:
Seiya and Higuchi only specify 7c46 for sbbn015.

Actually I bought sbbn017 and it sort of killed my aspirations for sbbn007 because its sooo similiar, but now I realize its killing my aspirations for sbbn015 as well.

Actually I want sbbn015 badly. Currently trying to work out if 015 is needed since I have 017. Being repetative here, but 017 is locking me out of 007 and 015...
Go for the SBBN013 - I promise you, you won't regret it! O0 1000m to boot....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts