The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many Retro Digitals have we got here on the forum..>>>>Show them please..>>

Ive a little soft spot for these,all since my 11th birthday when i received one of these babies,Picked up another one at a Sunday morning car boot sale also not long back called cutely enough the running man.

Heres my two Digitals ive aquired,im sure these wont be my last.Nostalgic and remind me of my youth.

Seiko 0532 in really nice condition.

·
Banned
2,569 Posts
Re: How many Retro Digitals have we got here on the forum..>>>>Show them please..>>

I only ever had one(Seiko that is) and I traded it away before I knew what I had :'(

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Re: How many Retro Digitals have we got here on the forum..>>>>Show them please..>>

My first Seiko was a digital back in 1978 and from then onwards it was nearly always Seiko, i found them a great watch for there ability to be able to stand up to the rigours of the working day and accurate as well.

My first one cost over a weeks wages and my wife REALLY did give me a hard time about that one phew

Attachments

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Well, one of my favorite watches probably qualifies, the Casio TwinGraph. 8)

<br>

I liked it so much, when the battery died, and after replacing it I couldn't the watch to start up again, I bought another. :eek:

<br>

And another, and another, and another... :D I ended up with five or six of them before I was shown what I was doing wrong! :-X

<br>

This is the only one I have that is in decent shape, but I still have all of them, including one original strap that hasn't split (yet). :'(

Does this one count Neilo? :)

- Thomas

·
Registered
534 Posts

OldHippie1968 said:
Since you asked so nicely, here ya go.

Cheers!
Mike
Mike, that Seiko Black digital....tell me more! I have seen it here in Japan used in my fav consignment store and kinda drool over it everytime I check the showcase out! Priced at over $200usd still!!! rare bird for sure....!

·
Registered
534 Posts

Back in the heydays of Casio digitals, I bought this St. Moritz digital Ti which came on an Italian vanilla soft strap.....When I moved to Japan in 2003, I decided to resurrect it and replaced the battery and now it remains for memory's sake of those watch days...

·
Registered
1,026 Posts

Hi Neilo, Here's my hat trick.

Mint with all papers

This is one tough watch.

Here is one of the Tiger's favourites. Mint from 1985 with all papers and box.
My nephew in the Uk has the modern reissue of this watch. He's only 20, so there's hope yet for futue WIS's.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Just the one for me passed on from my Farther in law.

Geran

·
Registered
9,869 Posts

Thomas,
I have always liked that one and think is one of the coolest digitals out there.

Thomas said:
Well, one of my favorite watches probably qualifies, the Casio TwinGraph. 8)

[br /]

I liked it so much, when the battery died, and after replacing it I couldn't the watch to start up again, I bought another. :o
[br /]
- Thomas
[/quote]

·
Registered
9,869 Posts

Way back when, the father of a friend of mine and I each purchased a very basic CASIO F80 and enjoyed testing their accuracy against the proper-time signal available via short-wave radio. We're were always pleased by how well they kept time. Easy to use and read, it's my household utility timer when I need a quick alarm set. Even today, it rivals my CASIO Pathfinder atomic digital....

Attachments

·
Registered
711 Posts

From the land before time, a Novus LED. This watch lay dormant for over thirty years and fired right up with new batteries:

and my Timex classic Ironman on third six year battery:

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts

thianwong said:
Mike, that Seiko Black digital....tell me more! I have seen it here in Japan used in my fav consignment store and kinda drool over it everytime I check the showcase out! Priced at over $200usd still!!! rare bird for sure....!
I've only ever seen one other one like it. A guy I used to work with back in the '80's had one. I always loved his. It's kinda neat because it has a gold LCD display. I got it from my buddy Val a while back. The finish is brassing really bad and the crystal is really scratched up. He gave it to me for doing some watch repair for him. The only one I'm missing is the gold A-904. I'm not too fond of gold, so I'm not really looking for it.

Cheers!
Mike

·
Registered
534 Posts

OldHippie1968 said:
I've only ever seen one other one like it. A guy I used to work with back in the '80's had one. I always loved his. It's kinda neat because it has a gold LCD display. I got it from my buddy Val a while back. The finish is brassing really bad and the crystal is really scratched up. He gave it to me for doing some watch repair for him. The only one I'm missing is the gold A-904. I'm not too fond of gold, so I'm not really looking for it.

Cheers!
Mike

thanks, Mike! must look at the one here more closely!

·
Registered
292 Posts

Here's mine Neilo

0139-5019

Christmas present from my wife in 1977. Price was £107 I still have the receipt :)

Good to see you're still here BTW.
Kind regards
Dave

·
Registered
534 Posts

Galpo said:
Wow, some very nice digitals, guys!
That Stargate modded model is calling me again! haha! Saw it or the DW8200? last year in a used store and am thinking of driving back to see if it is still there! haha!

·
Registered
772 Posts

Good topic Neilo ;)

I've got this one since 91 (I think?!!) but its crazy. I never changed the battery and its still working. Its been in the drawer in between road trips. Nowadays I would not dare to go to some of those places
Its been a grunge watch for many years. Had to fix it with what I could find in Venez at the time . It went to Venezuela twice, and 3 or 4 countries where a half decent watch could get me in jeopardy... With the pink velcro and the paper clip spring bars no worries there lol Many many memories peope... faces... places... good times ( getting cloudy with age...)
Hehe I found some wiki about it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Casio_F91W

Actually this is nuts! I wont post the pic 'cause I'm not sure this is ok on the forum...

http://cursedsw.blogspot.com/2009/02/bir-efsane-casio-f91w.html

Attachments

1 - 20 of 48 Posts