The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Special Member
1,335 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, hope you're all well and healthy during this crisis..

I just wondered how many of us are furloughed from our jobs because of the Corona virus?

Best,

Mike

·
Registered
7 Posts
I think the situation in the UK is not much different from the USA? Unless we are categorised as a key worker we have to work from home (if possible). I have two young children and a return to work after one week full time at home seems very appealing!

·
Registered
72 Posts
I've been furloughed from my job as a bicycle mechanic here in Portland, OR. I've got plenty of watch projects set aside, but so far, the day-to-day of family life has kept me busy.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I've been furloughed from my job as a bicycle mechanic here in Portland, OR. I've got plenty of watch projects set aside, but so far, the day-to-day of family life has kept me busy.
Funny, I live outside of Salem, just south of you. We sent every one home to work and be safe. As we are an IT company, it is pretty easy for us to support clients. We expect not to have staff in our office until June. some folks and I get together to talk watches from time to time. Send me a pm and I can give you my email

·
Premium Member
9,108 Posts
I've worked from a home office for the last 12 yrs and so far business is as usual. A lot of our customers are considered "essential business" (military/defense/infrastructure/etc) so we are allowed to continue unaffected for now. I'm blessed to be still earning a paycheck. Hoping for the best and praying for those who are struggling ...

·
Registered
3,654 Posts
I’m an Independent Owner Operator/Long Haul Trucker. My lack of activity online is directly connected to my being out over the road delivering critical supplies throughout the US. I’ve been in and out of many hot spots getting the job done and helping areas in need. Just got home two days ago, headed back out tomorrow. Business as usual, we ride at dawn.

·
Registered
5,700 Posts
I’m an Independent Owner Operator/Long Haul Trucker. My lack of activity online is directly connected to my being out over the road delivering critical supplies throughout the US. I’ve been in and out of many hot spots getting the job done and helping areas in need. Just got home two days ago, headed back out tomorrow. Business as usual, we ride at dawn.
Thanks Tod guys like yourself are our heroes these days.

Safe safe fella.

·
Registered
3,286 Posts
Still at work, psychiatric hospital. Lots of patients who used to go home in the weekend faced the choice, continue your treatment and don't go home for a long time or wait out the virus at home but get discharged. Sometimes a difficult choice.

·
Registered
344 Posts
I've worked online for close to 21 years, but pretty much the majority of my customers have left the forums over the years and new ones don't have a clue

DON

1 - 9 of 9 Posts