The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

I see members talking about buying watch parts from the Cousins UK supplier, but their web site says they will not sell retail to end users, and you have to declare that you are in the business of making or repairing watches.

Do you just 'say you are' and you are good to go? I guess I am too honest or paranoid about being "caught". :undecided:

- Thomas

·
Administrator
30,723 Posts
You could always get some one who uses them to buy for you Thomas and ship forward or tell them that your now a vintage watchmaker and in business with yourself :)

I have no problems or qualms dealing with them and i am sure many others deal with no problem :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Do you just 'say you are' and you are good to go?
Yes. As a business customer you don't have the same level of consumer protection as a member of the public would have and I guess this saves them a certain amount of hassle. They don't accept returns for example but as long as you order the right part then it shouldn't be an issue.

·
Monkey Steals Peach
1,851 Posts
I just registered an account and ordered the parts I need. I've ordered twice from them, and both times it's been quick and easy, with super fast shipping times to the US.

·
Special Member
6,533 Posts
I have parts on the way to my US home right now. This will be my 3rd order. They take all major credit cards. Just sign up for an account. For Company name, I just filled in my employer's name as the company - which has nothing to do with watch repair.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Live and work in Japan - have ordered parts from cousinsuk before also just because they have such a useful range of parts/tools. You can enter anything you like in the company box, I think the reason being just as Dynam0humm suggests - they don't want to spend so as much time on returns.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts