The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up this watch recently. There is a little damage on the dial around the date box and the 12 o'clock marker.
How does the dial of a watch get damage like this?
Can anyone tell me any other information about the watch, model, year of manufacture etc.
From the serial number it was made in June but what year ending in the '8'?

Seiko 7S26-3100 5.jpg

Seiko 7S26-3100 2.jpg

Seiko 7S26-3100 3.jpg

Seiko 7S26-3100 4.jpg

Seiko 7S26-3100.jpg

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
The 7S26 was introduced in '96, so it's either 1998 (which I would guess) or 2008.
The damage looks like water/rust to me. Either way, you would have to open it up to gain more insight.
Conveniently, Seiko changed the Movement from 7S26A to 7S26B after ten years of production, so if it was not replaced it should be a "A" for 1998 and a "B" for 2008 ;) (and "C" after 2011).
Get a Jaxa type opener and see what's inside. That watch wasn't too expensive, I hope? :)

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
Some moisture intrusion without a doubt, I would have expected some damage around the center, rather than 12 , as date window and cutout in the center seem like the path of least resistance for moisture. When you open her up you'll have a better idea where the intrusion occurred. (Most likely via crown)

Rob

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's help. I only paid £30 for it. (Don't know if that was a good price or not but I liked the look of the dial.) I got it to wear at work so it will get all scratched up anyway. I will open it up at some point to see what it's condition is like inside.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts