The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have always tried to be tidy with mine, plastic containers, boxes,draws and the like but they can take up a lot of room and also, and i hate to say it, but you can have too much :) and in the end you don't know what you have exactly.

So since picking up my first spares draw unit from Uwe i have now bought five in total from him :) each unit has 10 draws, each draw has 10 dividers and another 4 place divider can be fitted in the draw divider so theoretically you can have 2000 partitions !!! unfortunately I dont have a complete set of the 4 partition dividers :(

Hopefully in a few months it should all be sorted out and any "rubbish" dumped.

But to be honest to me this is all part of the fun :)

And the old storage method and containers :)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
I use the same containers as your "old storage method", they work fine for me but then I only have a tiny fraction of the volume of parts you have.

I've found the most important thing is to keep everything sorted and labelled with as much info as possible. It's amazing how quickly my memory fails and how easy it is to get muddled up - which watch did this crystal come from? is this gasket the old one or the new one? what was wrong with this balance? what did I do with those springbars? There's no point in having lots of spares if you don't know what you've got or where it is...

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I'll never be carrying the level of spares most of you gather as I am limited in my tinkering.:(
I have a fair amount that needs sorting though and luckily I've just aquired this that the works were throwing out. :eek:hmy:
Only 29 of the 30 trays but beggers can't be choosers as they say.:rolleyes:
I think this will hold everything from projects, spares, tools & straps/bracelets in one unit, if I'm lucky. :)

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
I tend to prefer the items to be sealed so use zip lock bags and those sealed food containers. Its not ideal and i am on teh look out for a better solution

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I love the Plano storage bins that they sell in a 4 pack with the case that are stackable. They have a couple different types of bins that are the same outside dimensions but have different internal size options. I have this stack right next to the bench for quick access. The parts inside are all sealed in small square sealable bags and labeled and in numerical order.
I also used Microsoft spreadsheet to keep an inventory in the computer also. That way if I am browsing eBay and I see something all I have to do is open the spread sheet to see if I have one so I don't buy things twice. For big storage I like the plastic containers that are meant for storing shoes for the same reason. The lids snap on tight and they stack. Besides the six I keep under the bench I have 9 more in the closet for storing bigger items that I don't use as much. The best item though are those small plastic sealable bags. No more little parts getting away and they fit perfect in the Plano cases and label easy with a Sharpie.

and the whole set up

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
wow...i love the innovations and organization...great work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts