The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am just curious about how other members feel about this. There is a seller on eBay that I keep noticing his items as I wander through the Seiko's for sale every day. He always has about 20 or so Seiko watches listed and many are interesting models like a M55 Sealion Weekdater and other interesting stuff but all of the watches are in a condition that calling them parts watches would be a bit of a stretch but the think that keeps driving me crazy is they are priced like they are mint examples of these watches.
He is not covering up damage and shows plenty of pictures. The only thing you could really complain about is the fact that in his listings he is selling these destroyed watches as "good restoration projects" No one os forcing me to buy it and a quick look at his month sales shows he does not move many items. I want to call him out but I don't know if I am just letting it bother me to much.
I do worry a little bit that someone new to the hobby can get royally screwed over if they ever bought any of the Seiko's he has for sale. I mean we see watches that are running clean watches for sale but have wrong parts on them and poor work. At least those watches run and could be worn. Just curious should this guy be called out? I have a feeling many members here already know who this seller is already. If you do know who he is just post the first two letters of his eBay seller name. Indulge an old man if you would. If everyone already knows it would make me very happy!:)

Michael

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
well i too know who you speak off...i see those listing every day...i have no idea why he asks so much for very rough parts watches...i think the ad says you fix or something like that...i do worry that others who might not know...might get suckered...God Bless John

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
that is who i am thinking of...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that's the seller. I can't figure out why anyone would try to sell a beat up non working Seiko 4004 for $199.99 bucks?

Michael

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
No sense in it. The electronic version of wasting your breath I guess.

I just emailed a seller the other day trying to hawk a broken 6139 missing stem and more and offered what was truly the fair price. He messaged back no thanks I want $250. Yikes.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
well i guess everyone can ask anything they want...but it seems foolish to anyone wanting to deal with them...best to stay away from sellers like that

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
IMHO, there is no need to call him out. Let the market forces work their magic.

Bullshit is a poor substitute for hard work and honesty. He'll discover this at some point, no doubt.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
well it seems that money is of no object...i remember when i was a teenager looking for my first car and we would find one sitting outside and we would ask if it was for sale...they said sure...but when they told you how much..you had to laugh or cry...seems like he might be one of them..he will sell at his prices or not at all...

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Hey i have emailed many looking for parts watches only to get responses that made me think there was gold included with them and they were serious...with the invent of the internet what many people thought were worth very little ...they see all these shows where they think what they have is worth top dollar regardless of condition...

No sense in it. The electronic version of wasting your breath I guess.

I just emailed a seller the other day trying to hawk a broken 6139 missing stem and more and offered what was truly the fair price. He messaged back no thanks I want $250. Yikes.

·
Registered
507 Posts
IMHO, there is no need to call him out. Let the market forces work their magic.

Bullshit is a poor substitute for hard work and honesty. He'll discover this at some point, no doubt.
Agreed. As you said - he doesn't move much so nearly everyone knows they are absurdly priced. Would difference would your opinion as someone who will never buy off him make anyway? Do you think he would change?
We've all bought an overpriced dud watch in the past, this is no different. Did it put us off? No. We put it down to experience and move on. I remember seeing this guy years ago too. Even when I didn't know much about watches (not that I know much more now) I thought they were overpriced.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it just all comes back to why? Maybe he just entertains himself sitting there with all his busted up watches believing he has a fantastic collection. I think he did 15 transaction all of last month and that included purchases he made. I guess we will never know. I do get a good laugh every time I see one of his listings.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
If I'm looking at the right guy, he has 1307 items listed for sale, and in the last year he's sold 25 items. I can't begin to understand what's going on....

Yeah it just all comes back to why? Maybe he just entertains himself sitting there with all his busted up watches believing he has a fantastic collection. I think he did 15 transaction all of last month and that included purchases he made. I guess we will never know. I do get a good laugh every time I see one of his listings.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
If I'm looking at the right guy, he has 1307 items listed for sale, and in the last year he's sold 25 items. I can't begin to understand what's going on....
You know how some things just dig at you because they are so weird and make no sense. Well this is one of them. If I see one more stupid add with "4u2FIX" I liked to kick him in the junk!

·
Registered
514 Posts
Read his little blurb where he basically says he doesn't want to waste his time looking through his watches to answer a question for you unless you are serious. I just laugh at that guys auctions, either he's crazy or really really smart. The 4U2FIX thing in the title makes me laugh too, you can buy a lot of watches from Ramon that might actually work for the price of one of this guy's junk pieces.

At least that other wierdo that'll list something like an Actus for $795.00 has examples that look to be NOS or close. Still wouldn't pay those prices either though.

·
Registered
6,302 Posts
Mike thank you for making me laugh again after a really bad day...God Bless..John

You know how some things just dig at you because they are so weird and make no sense. Well this is one of them. If I see one more stupid add with "4u2FIX" I liked to kick him in the junk!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts