The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey y'all,
Just joined the forum. I found this site while searching for info on how to read the backs of my Eco-drives.
Is there a source that I can read to learn?
Thanks

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Make sure and come back and show us a picture of your eco-drive.
The Citizen website is very helpful with info to identify your watch and understand the info on the back. This page should have a case back picture to refer to. You can also use the info you find to search for tutorial videos that take you step by step through the process you need help with or download a pdf file you can keep on your computer. I wish you success and hope you come again as this forum offers great info as well, just look around and ask questions. Again, welcome !

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-us/support/setting-instructions/

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How do I read the caseback info?

Thanks for the help. I have seen this link before. What I am looking for is the when and where my watches were made etc... I have had no problems finding this for my Seiko and Bulova watches, but have found nothing for Citizen caseback interpretation. Usually this is in the serial number, but all I find is for "vintage Citizens".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for the help. I have seen this link before. What I am looking for is the when and where my watches were made etc... I have had no problems finding this for my Seiko and Bulova watches, but have found nothing for Citizen caseback interpretation. Usually this is in the serial number, but all I find is for "vintage Citizens".

You can find the date by looking at the serial number.
An example on a Citizen Aqualand BJ2000-09E: the caseback says
B741-S012805 (model number)
800230 (serial number)
The watch was made in October, 1998
First digit of the serial is the last digit of the year, and the second serial digit corresponds to the month.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm new here. Hello ffolks ... useful already to learn how to read a case number - mine is 80900768 - so 1978, Oct ? 1988? 1998? The model is 44-0019 a CITIZEN Clystron? What I now need is a new movement - I read 7302A and 280-24 but cannot fçndf it anywhere, and finally --- where is the screw or nipple, to release stem, if I get my hands on a replacement part. Does someone out there have a diagram for stem release - a site that may carry this movement (or generic)? I was so damned happy to wear this Watch till jt stopped. I am as "vintage" as this time piece (indeed much more).
Appreciate your help and Advice.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts