The Watch Site banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Administrator
30,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I completed this very late last night my "Golgo TST".
I picked up a really well used 6309 not long back which clearly had been someones every day watch, battered and bruised and used as a every day watch should be used, it was in a pretty poor and filth state but threads and sealing faces were perfect so the ideal candidate(IMO) for a TST mod, so I prepared/machined the case and then just waited for that "something" to come along.

Fast forward to yesterday and a package arrived from Rob/Monsterwatch (IMO Rob is the best source to go to for new modern genuine Seiko parts, GREAT quality and VERY fair prices).

A few bits in the package but the main parts for this TST were, Golgo dial, Golgo second hand, Golgo chapter ring, Golgo bezel, Golgo shroud, Golgo strap and signed crown.

I had a 7548 movement on test in the spares dept, one of my own "Big" crowns as i have a slight technical problem with the oem crown at the moment a domed AR coated sapphire crystal, H/M SBBN007 hands and a new set of gaskets completed all the needs to build it up.

Again JMO i like it and I normally prefer the stainless look, the black finish on the shroud is amazingly good, i have read that the black coating on these shrouds can chip so i will see how that goes but at this moment it looks superb.

Again thanks Rob for sourcing and supplying the parts required.

·
Registered
473 Posts
One of my favourites so far, it's the black, and the ever so little red. It's the MM 300m that I'm not a fan of, just a bit rigid with things like that, but a stunning package all round. I'm wondering where the 6309 came from? I love them all dirty!
Regards, David

·
Registered
111 Posts
NICE ! Next time I will send some black screws too.
Do!! ...not to revive the heated debate on Allen vs Phillips, etc. but IMHO the grey hex screws are a bit drab in such an otherwise stunning watch :sleep:

Bravo John --do you ever sleep?.................Philip

·
Registered
4,928 Posts
Fantastic work John. a real stunner.

·
Registered
13 Posts
+1

Hi,

(first post...)

Congrats on your Golgo mod.

I too have a 6309 Golgo mod (done by Monsterwatches' Rob), really enjoy it!
Case is beadblasted, sapphire crystal, Atlas hands...

cannot post image now due to low post count :(

best, bor

1 - 19 of 19 Posts