The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading the HEQ/HAQ thread I came across the concept of wrist watches with the capability of hour hand only adjustment. This is perfect for those of us that travel a lot and need very accurate watches.

So, what affordable Seiko quartz models have this capability?

Other brands? Please provide model numbers.

Thanks,
Max

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Isthmus,
Yes, I think thats what I am asking. The ability to adjust the hour hand while the movement and the minute and second hands continue to function.
So do most Seiko or other brand chronographs have the capability to adjust only the hour hand? 7Txx movements? or the V657 movement?

I don't know much about chronographs, just that you can use them as timers as you can use a stop watch.

Am I asking the wrong question here?

Max

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
SxSDoublegun said:
While reading the HEQ/HAQ thread I came across the concept of wrist watches with the capability of hour hand only adjustment. This is perfect for those of us that travel a lot and need very accurate watches.

So, what affordable Seiko quartz models have this capability?

Other brands? Please provide model numbers.

Thanks,
Max
Max, the Seiko 8F56 (GMT) movements have this feature, you can adjust the hour hand independently.
Cheers,

·
Registered
688 Posts
As someone who goes through periods where I travel frequently, I'll point out that this is one of the strengths of non-hacking, basic Seikos (and others): re-setting your watch when changing a timezone (or several) doesn't effect the seconds hand, so if your watch runs within a couple of seconds per day, you're still pretty close to time.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Interesting point!

water70proof said:
As someone who goes through periods where I travel frequently, I'll point out that this is one of the strengths of non-hacking, basic Seikos (and others): re-setting your watch when changing a timezone (or several) doesn't effect the seconds hand, so if your watch runs within a couple of seconds per day, you're still pretty close to time.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
Citizen has a few.

The U600 module in the Skyhawk AT and the H610 in the Chronotime can reset both hands from one time zone to another at the push of a button (maybe 2 buttons at the same time). The U680 is the next generation of the U600 and is only available in Japan. U600/680 are ana dig. H610 is full analogue. Both are radio controlled globally.

I'm not sure if the soon to be release Citizen world timers have this function. I'm sure someone else does.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
+ 1 on the Citizen U600/U680 and H610 radio controlled modules. Perfect for frequent travellers.

See the Citizen reviews section and check out my reviews on these watches.

·
Poet Laureate
1,065 Posts
The mid-70s Omega Megaquartz 32khz calibers, such as the cal. 1310 do this

·
The Joker
31,490 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts