The Watch Site banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another little something finished recently!

This one was in such good condition that it simply required a bit of a rub, a service, crystal and NOS bezel! It is a watch with incredible presence. This 6138-0017 is a big and hefty bruiser, and looks it! Visually it dwarfs a 6215-7000, 6105-8110, 6138-7000 and 6309-7040 ("dwarfs" is probably to strong a word, but get my drift?) .

As an added bonus it has the fantastic (winding) 6138 movement to boot!

I am sure that any fellow member that has owned/does own one of these will confirm this impressive presence-factor.

I must say, it is absolutely my favourite chronograph, and if one has to own only one 6138, I can highly recomend going this route! Reasonable prices too currently.... A bit of a bargain IMHO!

Attachments

·
Registered
4,564 Posts
Very nice 6138. Is that the original finish, with the polished mid-section like that? I have been looking for some good photos that show these in original condition.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I really don't know Technoman! This how I got it, but it could have been changed by a former owner, and we decided to keep her that way. Must say that in the metal this finish looks very good and adds definition.

What I can tell you, is that my 7000 (slide-rule) has a very similar case, and was finished with no polished surfaces at all, but even that could have been changed for all I know.

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
That looks a beauty Alvin !! you sure know how to collect QUALITY ;)

·
Registered
370 Posts
The title of your post , Alvin, provides a good lead in to post this photo which you sent me today. When Alvin recently showed pics of his beautiul 6215, I asked if it were possible to make a composite photo of it and it's offspring, the 6159 300M, side by side. I'd never seen such a photo and thought one of these two icons together would be interesting. Today, Alvin sent such a pic, which I really appreciate. Alvin was apologetic about the quality of the photos, but did give me the OK to post them. I can tell you for sure that the 6159 is one most difficult watches Seiko ever made to photograph w/o reflection because of the particular curvature of it's crystal. I expect that the 6215 probably has the same characteristic for the same reason. Here they are; a rare pair:
John

·
Administrator
33,740 Posts
Wow what a pair !!! owning one would be a privilege but imagine if you actually owned the pair !!! :)

ps: Alvin if you would like to send yours to me i will see if i can produce a better picture for you, but could take some months !! :))

·
Special Member
1,004 Posts
Technoman said:
Very nice 6138. Is that the original finish, with the polished mid-section like that? I have been looking for some good photos that show these in original condition.
AFAIK that is the original finish for both the UFO and the Slide rule. This after many hours of research before restoring my 6138:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts