The Watch Site banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, check out this truly ugly watch:

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Rectangle

I never wear it because it looks awful. I was hoping some kind, creative person would recommend what I could do to modify it and jazz it up a bit. I suppose that filthy orange NATO strap isn't helping. So I'd love to know what else might work. Also, that bezel is horrendous. I didn't realise that it had a spit level when I purchased this watch. It looks like some sort of kitchen timer from the 70s:

Watch Analog watch Clock Watch accessory Everyday carry

So, If anyone has a strap and bezel recommendation, I'd be ever so grateful.

Watch Analog watch Rectangle Clock Watch accessory

Thank you!

·
Special Member
946 Posts
Rather than modding it just sell it. It seems like there would be plenty of buyers for an orange mohawk. You could probably buy a beater SRP Turtle to mod and an decent SKX to keep stock with the $$

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone, I didn't realise it had been discontinued and that people might actually want to pay money for it. I suppose the fact that it's discontinued increases value slightly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I would suggest a grey nato strap might help to tone it down a bit.
I wear one on my orange Arnie and 7548 and it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I actually really like this. These watches were made to be used. And yours looks used ;)! I think the grey strap really does tone it down and make it less of an assault on the eye. Thanks for posting it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
@Katgirl post below has a great pairing of Khaki and Orange. Ugly be gone

WRUW - Tuesday 30 November

Link removed, not working
Oh, the turtle with the khaki nato strap? Yes, that does look very nice. Incidently, where/who is the go-to site for NATO straps? There are tons on ebay, but most are complete crap.

It's not a turtle.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Oh, the turtle with the khaki nato strap? Yes, that does look very nice. Incidently, where/who is the go-to site for NATO straps? There are tons on ebay, but most are complete crap.

It's not a turtle.
No, her post was an SKX011 with a green Seiko rubber strap. What is the lug size of yours. Sorry, I’m not a Nato fan, I just prefer Seiko OEM straps. I’m sure there is some good quality NATO’s out there.

·
Special Member
1,957 Posts
I actually really like this. These watches were made to be used. And yours looks used ;)! I think the grey strap really does tone it down and make it less of an assault on the eye. Thanks for posting it.
I use this one for anything that needs to be able to handle some rough and tumble - mountain bike riding, swimming etc. Serviced the movement and fitted some new gaskets and it’s good for some more abuse.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,873 Posts
I would suggest a grey nato strap might help to tone it down a bit.
I wear one on my orange Arnie and 7548 and it looks good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That watch is one of my favorites
So very beautiful in my eyes
If u ever decide to sell it
Please let me know
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S515DL using Tapatalk

Reactions: tritto
1 - 16 of 16 Posts