The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,Im going to give this conscious effort to try to use this site...>>>>

My claim to fame though is that i was the last post on the original SCWF so hopefully i will go down in the archives for that milestone!!!!LoL.
Fingers crossed and although im not a big fan of this new site i will give it my best shot.I must say im completely gutted for the original SCWF and my partner said she has never seen me like this since it shut down.I even started wearing some of my none Seiko/Citizen/Orient watches for a few days in mourning.R.i.P SCWF Original site.

Still unsure how to post pictures,not working for me for some reason.Neilo.So here goes.Wearing this today for my first real post here.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Re: Hi Guys,Im going to give this conscious effort to try to use this site...>>>>

Well, FWIW, I for one am REALLY glad to see you here! I hope that when you discover and choose the features of the new software that are right for you, that they will compensate in some measure for what you miss on the old site. I have for example found that the "show unread posts since last visit" button goes a large way toward compensating for the "all-in-one-glance" aspect of the old software...

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Re: Hi Guys,Im going to give this conscious effort to try to use this site...>>>>

Hi Nell
It reminds me of some friends back home in NY When I think of them or talk to them on the phone, I still picture them in there old House.

They are living in a new house I never saw, I try to picture them in a different house and I struggle with the thought, the House also meant something to me,

I was conmfterable there , but when al is said and done, They are what is important, not there old Home, I think it may be like that here, a new home

for the same Friends, and thats what makes it what it is, IMO. You have always been here or there lol so I know you will get used to the new home
Good Night

·
Registered
822 Posts

TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
Still unsure how to post pictures,not working for me for some reason.Neilo.
It's dead easy, Neilo! To insert a picture when you post, you can:

a) click on the "insert image" button (the one with the Mona Lisa on it) and a box will pop up. Just fill in the url of the image (e.g. a Photobucket address) and the image will be included in your post. NOTE: In Internet Explorer (and perhaps other browsers) you may have to temporarily allow scripting to see the box—your browser will prompt you. Or,

b) Click on 'Additional Options' (below the reply box) and attach an image straight from your computer's hard drive! How cool is that!

There are other options but those are the two easiest. Try it -- you'll like it! 8)

·
Registered
702 Posts

Hi there, TheNeilo, very happy to see you here. :)
I think that after spending a few days now, I can say it's the same club,
just moved to a new building with more rooms to visit. :D

The same nice people are the same, and that's what's important, to me at least.
If I can be of any help in your "landing" here just tell me.

For the posting of pics - I click the "Mona lisa", third icon from the left, on the row above the smilies,
and paste in the pop up window the "direct link" address that I copied from my Photobucket gallery.

cheers,

·
Registered
11 Posts

Hi Neil,
I guess I could maybe be awarded too to be the last one who replied to The Last Post on the Good Old SCWF !

I came here since few days to have a look, I just registered to this new place few minutes ago and this is my first post.
As a Mac addict, the way-to-post here is
definitely not my kind of things, it's not so simple/friendly as the good old one, for sure I will post less here.

Let's say that I am not a fan, but the all gang is here now so...

·
Registered
105 Posts

Hi mate. Pleased to see you having a go. If I can do so can anyone else. We do appreciate your company next door also. Cheers Phil

·
Registered
2,162 Posts

Great to see you here.. the old place wouldn't have been the same without you..

As for posting pics.. if you use photobucket choose the links that use the img tags..

Cheers

·
Registered
534 Posts

you don't want to be left behind, Mate! so come on in!! :D

·
Registered
162 Posts

Neil...it wouldnt be the same without you, glad to see you here. :D I hope the rest of the peeps from the old site come over. If I can get the hang of this site, everyone should be able to. just because it is different doesnt mean it is not good. (sometimes different is very good!! ;) ) (i love the smileys!!! ;D )

·
Registered
964 Posts

Happy, that you finally made it mate!
We definitely need a ManU supporter here! ;D

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
547 Posts

TheNeilo(AqualandKing) said:
My claim to fame though is that i was the last post on the original SCWF so hopefully i will go down in the archives for that milestone!!!!
Good to see you made it, Neil. I'm guessing you'll have more posts than me before the day's over! But I know what you mean about change - I'm still hanging on to my old cell phone... ;D

·
Registered
1,074 Posts

Axel66 said:
Happy, that you finally made it mate!
We definitely need a ManU supporter here! ;D

Cheers,

Axel
Axel

I agree with point 1. The king returns.

Disagree with point 2. LUFC rules ok

cheers Tony

·
Registered
121 Posts

Neilo and Staiiff.... we have to have you guys here (someone has to pay the bar tab...LOL)

Keep posting guys!

Neil --- how about starting an Aqualand thread, mate? Who else has them.

John

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

yorkiesknob said:
Axel

I agree with point 1. The king returns.

Disagree with point 2. LUFC rules ok

cheers Tony

LoL.Hey Tony the way Man U are playing at the moment i may be a Leeds supporter by the end of the season mate!!!!

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

TakesALickin said:
Good to see you made it, Neil. I'm guessing you'll have more posts than me before the day's over! But I know what you mean about change - I'm still hanging on to my old cell phone... ;D

[/quote]

Thanks mate,im still trying to figure out what movie that pics off.....Hazard a guess its WALL STREET....Plus i used to have one of those phones,it was a motorola with 3 hrs battery life?Makes you laugh now at what we used to think was cool.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts

Hey Neil and Staiff. Thanks for coming over and giving the new place a shot. It is definitely different from the old site, but I'm convinced that the pros are far more numerous than the cons. If there is anything we can do to help you come up to speed or to help make the experience better for everyone, don't hesitate to let us know.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts