The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, glad to be here. Born and raised in Manchester, England and emigrated to Canada in 2003. First got interested in watches when, at 12 years old, my dad gave me his Smiths Pocket Watch. Bought my first watch when I was 16 years old. A super modern, red LED digital and have bought and been given quite a few different watches since then. In the late 80’s to early 2000’s I owned 3 Rolex’s. All bought new and all a super disappointment. I figured 3 should be enough for me to get a good one but that was not to be. Never mind, lots of watches out there that can do what they were made for. Tell me the time accurately. That’s all I wanted.

Recently I have started delving into what is going on behind the case back. I find it fascinating to be honest. I Gunsmith for a living so the way different components interact with each other is really interesting to me. Watches are a completely different level.

Hoping to learn lots.

Cheers
DaveD

·
Premium Member
947 Posts
Hi Dave
Welcome, you are gunna (pun intended - sorry) love it here.
check out the technical, watchmaking & tinkering sections.

·
Registered
3,587 Posts
Welcome aboard Dave! I'm just up the road from you in Calgary. If you're interested, their is a local RedBar group that meets up to show off some watches and generally just nerd out. I can send you some contact info if you'd like.

Russ

·
Premium Member
10,220 Posts
greetings and welcome !

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Greetings my friend to the North!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Welcome aboard Dave! I'm just up the road from you in Calgary. If you're interested, their is a local RedBar group that meets up to show off some watches and generally just nerd out. I can send you some contact info if you'd like.

Russ
Sounds great Russ. Thinking of doing some modding now

Dave

·
Registered
1 Posts
:giggle: So what is this website all about?? I’m new and not really too familiar with this. I am looking at gold seiko watches to see if my watch is 14 k. Hope so!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts