The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, Based in Javea, Spain but am British/American. Been into watches for some time and have owned some nice vintage 60´s Omega Speedmasters and also modern Rolex GMT´s. Been into diving for 10 years or so and am interested in learning more about vintage Seiko divers and plan on adding something as a daily driver asap... vintage sure looks like a veritable minefield so going to take it slow. Might grab something modern in the meantime while I learn the ropes.. I thought vintage Speedmasters were tricky hahaha...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the welcome guys! Yes, we are very lucky to live in Xábia!! Hope you are both doing well and staying safe 🙏

·
Premium Member
9,611 Posts
Hola - and welcome. You landed in the right place - divers are well liked in the forums.

Reactions: DonBocadillo

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh snap, just bought a serviced SKX009K2 from a seller in the UK, will be shipping out today... let´s see how long it takes to get to Spain...pretty excited to get it onto my wrist..thinking about ordering an Uncle Seiko rubber band and also considering a Miltat super jubilee, is that a worthwhile upgrade? On the lookout for my next Seiko purchase now... I can see how this could quickly escalate!! :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Welcome! For modern Seikos I favor the Turtles and have an SKX. But I’m a desk diver at best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
4,664 Posts
Welcome!!
For a little bit of balance to my compadre, for seiko divers and although I have tunas, 6105’s, 6309’s, mm300, etc., I prefer the size of the slim case starting with the very first reference in such, the 7548 and culminating with the skx. And most everything in between. It’s no accident that it was around for such a long time in so many models both automatics and quartz. A classic that never gets old. It’s just a very appealing case design and size, a good combination of looks and ergonomics. I guess it’s still around but wouldn’t include the current slim in the list as is not a diver.
Good to have you here, stick around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts