The Watch Site banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined a few days ago, but been reading for a bit longer. Messed about with clocks and pocket watches a few years ago, but since my Seiko 5 started to look a bit tired I researched what I would buy next. This site led me to an SKX007, which I received just before Christmas. I didn't really think I had any sort of a watch collection, but as I needed a home for my new diver I thought I would get a 6 watch display case. Just a cheapy from the bay. That was a big mistake. After putting in my new Seiko, and my old Seiko 5, I then put in my dress Rotary quartz, oh and then my dress Seiko quartz that I bought in Gibraltar in 1984. So 2 spaces left. Found my old S&W Tactical quartz watch that the winder had came out, and needed a new battery. Thought, as I have a few quartzes, I would buy a few tools and try and change the battery in the S&W and also refit the winder. Managed it so that went in. 1 space left. Asked my wife if it would be ok to get my late father in laws old auto serviced so I could wear it on special occasions, so that is now at the watchmakers being serviced. A mid 50s Longines auto with hour markers the same as the Conquest, but no name on it. So that would make 6. Then I thought I would get a couple of old broken watches to fiddle with. Found a nice looking Citizen Crystron with original bracelet, which I managed to fit a new quartz movement to, and which is on my wrist a fair bit as I like the look of it. Will post pics when allowed. Better stop ther and thanks for reading. Doug

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello from Bristol. Looks like you're having fun. Post some pics when you're ready.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Hi and welcome, your story sounds as if I could have written it. Since about September last year I have had a similar experience, gone from one 6 watch box to two and have now graduated to a 24 watch box, now full, with the 'overflow' going back in the 6 watch boxes :eek:hmy:. Going to have to invest in another 24 watch box soon at this rate. :grin:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts