The Watch Site banner

Hi been gone a while but got some new watches

1K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  bosjohn 
#1 ·
Hi been gone about a year but I miss you guys, I have not bought much but lately I have been active again.
first up is my Grail watch which I have wanted since starting to collect. I found this one in Bangkok for a competitive price and a Vat refund.
8L35-0010 Marine Master 300m. I love how this watch looks feels and keeps such great time but its not as comfortable as I had hoped as an every day watch, My Sumo is more comfortable to wear day in day out. The watch is very thick and hits anything within ten feet of me so it seems anyway. The movement is awesome and is far and away the most accurate of my automatics except for my spring drive.

next I got this cool Orient disc watch. the little pointer changes color during the day but the purple one is a bit hard to see. Keeps fine time and My brother in law says he likes it which is a mile stone.

the next watch was advertised on Fleabay as a California Mod and looks fantastic to me and case very clean with any polishing very light as all the test is sharp and readable. Unfortunately it was advertised as a 7002 but it says on the back its 7s26 0020 am I missing something? probably not. but I like its looks and didn't pay much so I got a message into the dealer to see what he has to say about it.
, and finally and the most interesting for me is this old diver computer which I am liking a lot, but the numbers are smallish and a bit hard to read and the light is useless, but its way cool to wear and comfortable. the M705-5A1A

See less See more
#3 ·
I definitely recall how tall the MM felt on my wrist, and understand the comfort issue. But what an amazing looking watch! Who knows, maybe another one someday...

#6 ·
that could well be as I said it was not expensive so I am not going to let it bother me I am still waiting for the seller to get back to me. I like how it look although I know its not original its nice to see some new life in these fine old watches

#7 ·
you win the prize. after some back and forth with the seller we figured out it is indeed the wrong case back as the watch that should go with that case back would have both day and date.
in any event I will keep it. its a mod so it really doesn't matter that the back does not match the body. the watch is beautiful with nary a mark or blemish I can find and anyway to my eye it looks cool.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.