The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after being sick..and selling off most of what i had..i had a little browse around the bay and i bought 15 watches this week...do i need help?...will they be calling for a intervention?...has anyone else done this?..:72::72::72:,,well i can say...to my own surprise...they were all the ones i thought i would never find and the deals were much better than anticipated...and the best part...they were not even too expensive...when does that happen...God is so good..and i am so thankful to have this forum and all of you...

·
Registered
3,880 Posts
Hey John a couple more ......
" Next Week be fine also ",:57::s_laugh::wee_hee:.
John we on this Forum can not give you a good answer to your
question, we all are habitual buyer's.

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Sounds like you had a busy week John!
I'm rather proud of myself having only picked up only 2 watches for the whole month of Jan. You know you've got it bad when your have to exercise restraint and then feel like you've actually accomplished something.:yahoo:

Now, back to the Trading Post............lol

·
Premium Member
2,935 Posts
Fifteen in a week......!

Dammit, even at my worst I'm not as bad as that!
What did you buy?

·
Registered
1,577 Posts
Fifteen in a week......!

Dammit, even at my worst I'm not as bad as that!
:85:

And I thought I had it bad. You need help :72:

This addictive buying has been discussed before, and the general consensus of opinion is that as long as you can still pay all your bills and provide for your loved ones (if appropriate), what's the harm ?

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Well i sold 18 watches...and this is what i bought...well i got a 1973 Seiko 6117 6400 ....1969 Seiko 6117 6010...1972 Seiko 6139 6005....1969 Seiko 4006 7001 ....1969 Citizen 62-5370..1967 Citizen 520 Auto Dater...1982 Seiko 6309 8239 Black Dial....2 Seiko 7546 Sports Divers parts watches....4 Seiko 6106 Actus parts watches...1 Citizen 52-0110 parts watch...1980's H601 dress watch..i am sure i am forgetting something...thankfully all of these are original and need work..most are models i have never owned and should be a lot of fun to get back to 100%..i will post pics as they arrive...
and the best part..the ones i sold...payed for all the new ones and i even had money left over..God is great...most of what i bought was very unloved...sat for years in drawers..in attics...never to see the light of day....well i will do my best to make them all look like they did when they were made.....well i have bought one or two..but i have never even thought i would own this many when i started this journey...but just like strays...when you see a once beautiful watch in a sad state....you want to get it and see it all new again...that is so rewarding to me...and the best part is getting it into the hands of someone who will love it like we all do

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's great and look forward to seeing your work on those watches! I love drawer finds and I am surprised there are still quite a few out there. Also glad that you are feeling well enough to re engage in the repair side of the hobby!

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well thank you....there is nothing more rewarding to take these amazing time pieces back to where they deserve to be....back working and people admiring them

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
well i have added 5 more since...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I keep buying more too John even though I have enough work to last me a very long time. I just can't pass up a good deal. I know there are some I could sell without crying about it. I did spend Sunday sorting through all of the odds and ends you always end up with that you never wanted in the first place. It is a boring job sorting through the box with the stuff and trying to group it into lots of items that would be of interest to someone. I recently bought a drawer that was about 20% NOS Seiko parts and had some good stuff in it. It also had all other sorts of brands I do not collect. Good names like Tissot Gruen Hamilton ETA ect. so I sorted them into manufacture groups and listed them with all the other bits from those manufactures that were lying around and made nice little lots of parts for people who like and collect those brands. Its a start. I still have a little more of those items then the hard part. Picking out the Seiko watches I can do without. We all have those watches we have not worn in a year. If you have not worn it in that long unless it is a rare collectable you can probably live without it I figure.
The other deciding factor is selling them means dealing with eBay which as a buyer is getting to be a bit of a negative experience. As a seller it is 10 times worse. I doubt zi will be selling any of my really nice stuff so listing a $30 dollar Seiko on here is most likely not going to get me a lot of action.

·
Registered
6,300 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
well Mike i have been just using the funds from prior watches ..i try and keep the love to a small investment..but as we all know..that can get out of control fast with those hard to find parts....thankfully this great forum and the bay has been able to keep my costs low..i have been trying to thin out the stuff i never see myself being able to get too..there is just something very satisfying about going thru old purchases and finding stuff you have forgot about ....the bay is very tough to sell on....but it sometimes is a necessary evil...i like to sell on here so like minded people get a crack at them first..i try and keep my bay purchases low due to not knowing what i will get....i used to be very trusting and i guess a little gullible...sadly i have had to change that when it comes to buying on the bay

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I do always offer the good stuff up here first. I would rather make less money and sell it to a member here than on eBay any day but there is only so much stuff our members are going to have a need for. Just like the 6105-8110 I sold on here:) I'm sure that case would have sold on eBay just find but I was so happy it went to someone who appreciated it on here.

Michael

·
Registered
76 Posts
Well after being sick..and selling off most of what i had..i had a little browse around the bay and i bought 15 watches this week...do i need help?...will they be calling for a intervention?...has anyone else done this?..:72::72::72:,,well i can say...to my own surprise...they were all the ones i thought i would never find and the deals were much better than anticipated...and the best part...they were not even too expensive...when does that happen...God is so good..and i am so thankful to have this forum and all of you...
check out this baby, this has "you" written all over it!!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 29 Posts