Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i got this from ramon and never seen one like it..what do you all think

Attachments

·
"The Prospector"
4,580 Posts
Erm not my 'cup of char' but each to his own :). There are 'project' watches then theres 'WTF' watches, I think this one falls into the later catergory :)

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
I always wonder what the watch has been through to get that bad? Looks like it has been tumbled in a cement mixer. I do hope it wasn't being worn when it got the damage. :eek:hmy:

·
Premium Member
2,937 Posts
It looks like it's been dragged down the road for a few miles tied to a car bumper.

I reckon put it out of its misery. Whack it with a hammer to finish it off.

·
Super Moderator
2,059 Posts
I was looking at that one too John, I could'nt find any info out on the HI-7 dial.
A drop of oil and a bit of polish and that will come up nicely.:)
Id be interested to see what you find out about that dial.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
I also think it might have potential.

The dial logo is interesting but I also could not find any info on HI-7. The G logo with a seahorse is unusual is it possibly a dive brand?

The only text I could read from the dial was West Africa. Can you tell us what else it says?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Thanks Rob. The logo still looks like a seahorse and Registered symbol below it to me :)

Will be interesting to see a clear shot of the dial when out of the case and be able to read the top line of text.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i spoke to Ramon and he says it is a Genuine Seiko...and from what i can find out it was a Commerative model..i think it is a 7458 with a tuna style bezel..well it is on the way..Long Bike...that dial may be cool for the tst..i just wanted it for parts..very shocked how little love for it...but now i might just want to save it after all....i am told it looks much better than the pics too..well i think the date is from the Rowanda Genocide in Africa..well i will add better pics once i have it in hand...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Ramon does come up with some weird stuff sometimes. The price is cheap enough sometimes its worth buying just to see what it is. You never really know what you are going to get from him. Some are a lot better than they look and clean inside and others can sometimes be a pile of rust inside the case. If you are dedicated enough you can bring back many of these watches and the more unusual the watch the more enjoyable it is.

Michael

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well to be honest...what i wanted it for was the bezel..it looked like a tuna bezel and we all know how pricey they are..i thought i could resell it of i did not like it..but it is growing on me..still unsure..

1 - 20 of 25 Posts