The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i am not a omega guy but this looks fake to me...i was offered this...what do you think?...i thought they were stainless..this look like a casting...maybe i am wrong..would love some input

Attachments

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well that is what i told them...what makes it fake?...the back?..or just overall

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that way i know for sure next time

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
that is what i thought...no date on original...thank you for help....

·
Craftsman
2,114 Posts
If that's what you thought then why did you ask? I mean this is a forum for sharing information I'll grant you but that doesn't preclude you (or anyone) from doing the most basic groundwork for themselves. Had you done so you could have actually posted an informative post about why it was a fake instead of yet another request for help.

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just wanted to be sure..it is always best to ask...sorry if i bothered you

·
Registered
373 Posts
Here are images of the real deal..... from, yes, none other than... Google

Cannop is always willing to lend a hand and offer advice and information, but he has so many of us asking about the 62mas, myself included, he is hard pressed for the simple. He is a class act and one of better ones on this site.

That huge "1" was also a big tell.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Well what threw me was that big One on the dial...i know the Michael Schumaker model has that..and it has the date too...thank you...i looked around and did see the distance for the dials and bezel insert...looked fake to me...but wanted to be sure...thank you so much

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
life is too short to worry..we all can have a bad day too...

·
Registered
6,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well here is the schumacker...

Attachments

·
Craftsman
2,114 Posts
There is the Schumaker, in fact there's three different versions that I know of, none of which had a moonwatch caseback. The one you have pictured is the Schumaker 3519.50.00 speedy reduced automatic with a date complication and a diameter of 39mm. The speedy moonwatch is manual wind and 42mm diameter and the reference is now 3570.50.00. The simple fact remains if the caseback says "the first watch worn on the moon" then the watch should be a manual wind chronograph with subdials at 3, 6, 9 and no date complication. All speedy pros from the 105.012 to the current models are 42mm diameter, pre-105.012 models are about 40mm diameter.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Bit dubious on them so called gens aswell, omegas have their serial numbers on one of the strap lugs, really finally stamped into the metal, so neat its almost like a laser has cut the numbers, and their size is approx half a mm in height if that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts