The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must be blind but i can not find it...i remember a while back someone on here was able to make new alignment pins for dials..and i can not find it...it was a little welder and they were able to weld a rod on it...i have a mod i want to do and was wondering if they are willing to attempt it...any help will so be appreciated...John

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you so much...really appreciate it...John

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
My friends Bellmatic was missing a dial post/foot. I made a replacement dial post on my watchmakers lathe and was able to drill and thread a new hole without going through the dial face. I tried the soldering iron method but that electrical wizzardry has never been my strong point! I seem to remember the hole was 0.4mm and I just used a B.A tap and die to put the tread on both the dial and the foot. The post was 0.4mm and 1mm at the upper end that I made and about 2mm in length. This method can only work on dials that have the bellmatic style dial. Also it would probably be ok instead of tapping the hole to use a strong modern glue.

·
Administrator
30,729 Posts
My friends Bellmatic was missing a dial post/foot. I made a replacement dial post on my watchmakers lathe and was able to drill and thread a new hole without going through the dial face. I tried the soldering iron method but that electrical wizzardry has never been my strong point! I seem to remember the hole was 0.4mm and I just used a B.A tap and die to put the tread on both the dial and the foot. The post was 0.4mm and 1mm at the upper end that I made and about 2mm in length. This method can only work on dials that have the bellmatic style dial. Also it would probably be ok instead of tapping the hole to use a strong modern glue.
I've replaced lots of those, imo it is a real design problem on the Belles and a common "fault" found on old Belles.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've replaced lots of those, imo it is a real design problem on the Belles and a common "fault" found on old Belles.
Hi John.... This one had been broken off by the local watchmaker! that's a joke but anyway he just stuck the dial down using some thin double sided tape which caused the dial to rub against the date wheel and jam up the movement as it tried to move the date along. That took the watch repair guy over a year to do! Since had someone say they used glue to stick the foot back on but this one was missing. I made the replacement from pivot steel and now it's threaded into the dial back and held also with thread lock it's going no where!

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hey what are dial dots?...

·
Registered
6,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thank you..appreciate it...have anyone hear ever use them?...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts