309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My only green...but it's a pretty baby!:

Seiko S-Wave SKX253, 1997

Angelis ;)

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Again, a couple mods and couple unmolested stock...

Am still working on "Tiny Bubbles" with its hologram dial...

One of my favorite mods and a bear to match bezel's enamel to the dial color...

Gone but not forgotten...

Another classic greenie sold off...

And a 6139 to round-out the group...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

That has got to be one of the most beautiful watches I have seen in some time! You have good taste!

Angelis ;D

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Thank you so much!

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Here is mine:

(black is as it was originally isn't it? And did you use a 6119-6400 case?)

I like what you did with the bezel, that enamel paint (I read the how-to) is that the paint that is used for miniature planes and such? Because that particular brand is not for sale in Holland, but on the little paint can it says "enamel paint"...

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Any spirit-based model enamel can be used for this. I do not recommend lacquer but acrylic (water-based) enamels, however, can also be used. The enamels are easy to work with as they thin and clean-up with either regular paint thinner (mineral spirits, NOT turpentine) or water. Many can be used without worry about color match as there are so many colors available but to get the dead-on match one sometimes must blend different colors. These enamels stay somewhat soft for quite some time and don't achieve full hardness until they have had many months to fully cure. It's OK to wear a newly enameled bezel after a week or so but care should be taken to keep from bumping it on anything.

This green was an absolute horror to match and wound-up a mix of several colors including metallic gold, yellow and white. It took over an hour of trial and error, drop by drop blending to hit it just right.

And yes, that's a 6119-6400 that had trashed dial, hands and movement. These bezels have a plastic insert that is easily pried out and the groove is deep enough to allow the build-up of several layers of enamel. I buy a good number of relatively inexpensive "basket case" Seikos every year for projects such as this as well as for cannibalizing for parts.

robbie409 said:
Here is mine:

(black is as it was originally isn't it? And did you use a 6119-6400 case?)

I like what you did with the bezel, that enamel paint (I read the how-to) is that the paint that is used for miniature planes and such? Because that particular brand is not for sale in Holland, but on the little paint can it says "enamel paint"...
[/quote]

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
THANKS!!

about half of my 6119-6400 collection, I saw the orange bezel and I like it. Brown is also good.
I have NOS dials in brown and orange, and new crustals, so they should work out very nice...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
cnycoburn said:
this is a mod I did for my sister n law.....pic not to good, but you get the idea. :D

[/quote]
Cindy...Cindy..Cindy...what are we going to do with you? So far, you owe me a pic of a red and a green...so you know what that means now...time to buy! :))

Angelis

·
Registered
162 Posts
HOT DAG!! an excuse to buy.... gotta love it!! I am on the prowl!

Angelis said:
Cindy...Cindy..Cindy...what are we going to do with you? So far, you owe me a pic of a red and a green...so you know what that means now...time to buy! :))

Angelis

1 - 20 of 31 Posts